Experience what it's like to be an Ops Commander as you lead a five-person squad in a special mission to discover what's behind the annihilation of NATO Special Forces in Southeast Asia. Continuing to raise the bar for tactical gaming, SOCOM 4: U.S. Navy SEALs introduces new ways for players to engage in combat. For the first time in franchise history, players will be able to utilize both the PlayStation Move and DualShock controllers to enable precise, tactical control over their A.I. teammates.
Control meets chaos when a SEAL team confronts a no-win situation. Thrown into an international catastrophe, the Ops Commander, Cullen Gray, attacks with expertise and tenacity. With only six days, the OpsCom must lead his team to capture a militant revolutionary aimed at destroying the world's most vital waterway and disrupting the global economy.
In select missions during the solo campaign, players take control of female South Korean 707th covert operations expert “45.” Acting as the team’s primary form of reconnaissance, 45 slinks into various locales under the cover of night to capture valuable intel and sabotage enemy operations. Armed with silenced weapons and a handy stealth meter that lets players know how visible they are to hostile forces, 45 is a sneaky badass that adds a lot to the already-intense SOCOM 4 experience.
Apart from the people who managed to get a specially marked copy of Killzone 3, giving them access to the multiplayer beta, Playstation Plus subscribers will exclusively be able to join in on the fun next week, march 22, 2011.
- Rich cinematic experience supported by a strong contemporary narrative.
- Full PlayStation Move integration makes shooting intuitive and precise. Players can utilize weapon scope control to enable ultra-precise shots.
- Fight through 14 robust single-player missions over the course of a desperate six-day battle on the ground in Southeast Asia.
- Dynamic enemy AI exhibit advanced squad tactics that adjust to the team's every move, ensuring that encounters are unique each time through the combat zone.
- New command system allows for quick contextual commands, enabling precise tactical control over the AI teammates. Players can additionally create their own custom maneuvers.
- Utilize real-time access to supporting air assets ranging from UAV surveillance drones to devastating aerial bombardments.
- New cover mode enables players to take defendable firing positions and allows cover barriers to be destroyed with heavy weapon fire and explosions.
- International Forces — The nationality of your character and teammates changes depending on your region.
- Active Armory — Scavenge enemy weapons to build your arsenal.
- Industry leading competitive multiplayer.
More articles about SOCOM 4