PATCH #4 LIST
- Fixed unlocalized text in Customize Controls screen.
- Player mouse functionality no longer drops out when the Video Card Driver Warning appears.
- User.ini no longer overwritten when game loads. This should address mouse sensitivity issues as well as many v-sync option bugs.
- Enables BioShock 2 to play the new Protector Trials DLC
- Changes the game version # visibly displayed in the Single Player main menu to Version 1.4
- Enables music in the game's Single Player main menu (console versions already had this... for PC, the music was always included in the game files, but it didn't play)
- Overwrites User.ini on installation, so you'll lose your Single Player keybinds
- Dramatically increases Single Player GFWL sign-in time due to added GFWL sign-in bug
PATCH #3 LIST
- Fixed MP freezing and connectivity issues
- Implemented color-blind friendly hacking UI.
- Fixed further issues related to HUD stretching.
- Resolved functionality issues related to NVIDIA 3D Stereo options. Option in the Single Player Options Menu was removed and is now activated through the NVIDIA hardware.
- Fixed an issue where the User's whole vision would become blurred while using ironsights in DirectX10.
- Fixed a problem where trying to install a patch manually through the appdata directory would not work properly.
- Fixed an exploit in Multiplayer involving Rebirth
- The "Reset All" option in the Multiplayer Controller Settings now functions properly.
- Fixed further issues related to plasmid gene bank hotkeys not taking effect in-game.
- Resolved a problem where two parties consisting of five players were unable to join the same game lobby for any game mode except Survival of the Fittest.
- Fixed various localization bugs for Multiplayer
- Fixed an issue where task switching while in a game lobby would not initiate.
- Improved security for various weapon loadout files and fixed related exploits.
- Fixed issue where the title will fail to direct the user to the proper lobby when a join-able match is in session and the user accepts a game invite or attempts to join session in progress.
- Fixed issue when BioShock 2 fails to apply the title update when the files are placed in the appdata directory manually
- Fixed text overrun on the Corpse counter from the first Little Sister
- There are 53 achievements available to the user after installing TU 047.
- Fixed issue where BioShock 2 is listed as two separate games in the Games for Windows - LIVE guide after installing the title update and earning achievements.
- Fixed Spanish language issue where text overrran the textbox provided on the multiplayer lobby
- Fixed German language map title for Fontaine Fisheries
- Players can automatically reach rebirth rank 40 with any rank rebirth profile by viewing the epilogue within the apartment.
- Changes made to customizable controls using the "Reset All" function are not saved when the game is restarted.
- Fixed issue where the title will fail to properly task switch while in a game lobby when account management is chosen on Vista x86 PCs
- Fixed exploit where the user can modify the user specific .ini to acquire weapon loadouts before reaching the appropriate rank
PATCH #2 LIST
- Fixed an issue where 16:9 and 16:10 resolutions were letterboxed versions of 4:3 resolutions, thereby properly fixing the FOV by expanding the horizontal player view as intended.
- Fixed an issue where holding the M1 button would not register in Multiplayer gameplay.
PATCH #1 LIST
- Fixed accepting a game invite on the Multiplayer Menu via Friend Invite causing a crash.
- Fixed a black screen that would occur minimizing and restoring the game in Windows 7.
- Fixed the ability to adopt or harvest Little Sisters after rebinding the ‘F’ or ‘B’ keys to Zoom, Fire or Fire Plasmid.
- Fixed Big Daddy HUD elements remaining on screen when not appropriate.
- Fixed an issue where the player’s plasmid hand would become unresponsive if they pressed the Next Plasmid key immediately after firing any chargeable plasmid (such as ElectroBolt 2).
- Fixed a potential save file issue.
- Fixed an issue where the resolution would change on its own if entering gameplay in a 16:10 resolution on a native 16:10 monitor.
- Fixed a problem where if you were running the game in a resolution higher than your desktop resolution the mouse cursor wouldn’t be able to go across the whole screen.
- Fixed an issue in Windows 7 where certain Radio messages could become scrambled or broken after defeating a Big Sister if Voice audio had been turned down or muted previously.
- Fixed a crash while playing Dionysus Park on a 32-bit machine.
- Fixed a crash that would occur sometimes loading a previous manual save made before any present QuickSave.
- Fixed a crash while signing in to GFWL when running compatibility mode for XP SP2 while running Vista.
- Fixed an issue where you couldn’t play audio diaries in certain areas.
- Fixed a rare crash that could occur any time before a specific Big Sister sequence.
Set approximately 10 years after the events of the original BioShock, the halls of Rapture once again echo with sins of the past. Along the Atlantic coastline, a monster has been snatching little girls and bringing them back to the undersea city of Rapture. Players step into the boots of the most iconic denizen of Rapture, the Big Daddy, as they travel through the decrepit and beautiful fallen city, chasing an unseen foe in search of answers and their own survival.
Multiplayer in BioShock 2 will provide a rich prequel experience that expands the origins of the BioShock fiction. Set during the fall of Rapture, players assume the role of a Plasmid test subject for Sinclair Solutions, a premier provider of Plasmids and Tonics in the underwater city of Rapture that was first explored in the original BioShock. Players will need to use all the elements of the BioShock toolset to survive, as the full depth of the BioShock experience is refined and transformed into a unique multiplayer experience that can only be found in Rapture.
- Evolution of the Genetically Enhanced Shooter: Innovative advances bring new depth and dimension to each encounter. New elements, such as the ability to dual-wield weapons and Plasmids, allow players to create exciting combinations of punishment
- Return to Rapture: Set approximately 10 years after the events of the original BioShock, the story continues with an epic, more intense journey through one of the most captivating and terrifying fictional worlds ever created
- You Are the Big Daddy: Take control of BioShock’s signature and iconic symbol with the original prototype Big Daddy, and experience the power and raw strength of Rapture’s most feared denizens as you battle powerful new enemies
- Continuation of the Award-Winning Narrative: New and unique storytelling devices serve as the vehicle for the continuation of one of gaming’s most acclaimed storyline
- Genetically Enhanced Multiplayer – Earn experience points during gameplay to earn access to new Weapons, Plasmids and Tonics that can be used to create hundreds of different combinations, allowing players to develop a unique character that caters to their playing style.
- Experience Rapture’s Civil War– Players will step into the shoes of Rapture citizens and take direct part in the civil war that tore Rapture apart.
- See Rapture Before the Fall – Experience Rapture before it was reclaimed by the ocean and engage in combat over iconic environments in locations such as Kashmir Restaurant and Mercury Suites, all of which have been reworked from the ground up for multiplayer.
- FPS Veterans Add Their Touch to the Multiplayer Experience – Digital Extremes brings more than 10 years of first person shooter experience including development of award-winning entries in the Unreal and Unreal Tournament franchise.
More articles about BioShock 2