Yoostar2 allows players to perform in hundreds of famous movie scenes, record their performances, and share them with friends and family online. The Kinect for Xbox 360 sensor and the PlayStation Eye allow Yoostar2 to achieve Hollywood “green screen” style effects without the use of a green screen. In an instant, players can literally step into well-known movie scenes and play the roles of the world’s most famous actors.
In addition to what is already available, from next week until the end of April, Yoostar is releasing an impressive slate of new scenes and themed scene packs via the Yoostores on Xbox Live Marketplace and PlayStation Network to the community of Yoostar 2 fans.
“Our Yoostore is open for business and each month, great new content will be offered to ensure that the movie-making fun doesn’t stop,” said Nicholas Reichenbach, Chief Content Officer for Yoostar Entertainment Group. “Between the downloadable content, ability to share your video creations and the new Yoostar Playground game on Facebook, we have laid the groundwork for a vibrant social community, and we are pleased at how fast it is expanding.”
Individual scenes purchased on the Yoostore are priced at $2, while 3-clip and 5-clip packs are priced at $5 and $7, respectively.
Yoostar’s slate of downloadable content being introduced this month and rolling out through April includes a variety of scenes, sets and packs, including:
- Along Came Polly – Rueben commits a dating foul
- Animal House – Toga! Toga!
- Forrest Gump – I know what love is
- CSI – Season 8, Episode 817 – I’m done being a rouge
- Beverly Hills Cop – We don’t drink on duty
- Kindergarten Cop – My dad is…
- The Hangover – What’s the last thing we remember?
- Meet the Fockers – I’m lookin’ and I’m likin’
- Hotel for Dogs – Keep your paws inside the vehicle
- Platoon – Make it out of here
- Meet the Parents – Practice proposal
- Kick-Ass – Why are you dressed like Kick-Ass?
- Superman Returns – No breaks!
- Fletch – John who?
- 300 – Spartans, prepare for glory!
- Zoolander – Derek’s ‘eugoogly’
- The Hangover – Am I missing a tooth?
- Forrest Gump – A bullet in the buttocks
- The Terminator – I love you, too, sweetheart
- The Good, The Bad and The Ugly – When you have to shoot, shoot
- The Godfather – Luca Brasi and Don Corleone
- Rocky 2 – I am a fighter
- The Terminator – You know your weapons
- Star Trek: Generations – I take it the odds are against us
- Beverly Hills Cop 2 – You’ve stolen this house
- Star Trek Pack
- Superheroes Pack
- Ben Stiller Pack
- Hits of the ’80s Pack
- The Hangover Pack
- Kids Pack
- Silence of the Lambs – Inside Dr. Lecter’s cell
- Ghostbusters – Slimer attacks!
- Batman – Batwing
- Superman Returns – Save Metropolis!
- 300 – Atop Xerxes’ throne
- King Kong – Kong hails a cab
Once a scene is recorded, players can upload their performances to Xbox Live or the PlayStation Network, share the performances on social networks such as Facebook and Yoostar.com and view them on virtually all devices, including Smart Phones, PC’s and Consoles. Players increase status through community participation, such as sharing, rating and commenting on others’ performances.
Yoostar2 features an innovative user interface driven by Kinect for Xbox 360 gesture-based technology and PlayStation Move motion controllers and created by Blitz Games Studios, one of the world’s leading game developers. Players’ performances are scored, allowing them to rise from “struggling actor” to “superstar”, but the game also encourages improvised performances that draw on players’ creativity. Yoostar2 features multiple gameplay modes, including a “party mode” that allows a group of players to perform in quick succession and a progression mode where players face a series of challenges and unlock new scenes.
Yoostar has secured world-class movie content from leading motion picture studios, including Paramount, Universal, MGM, Lions Gate, Warner Bros., Sony Pictures, and CBS. The Yoostar library features hundreds of iconic movie scenes and top Hollywood talent. The game comes with 60 scenes, and players can purchase and download additional scenes from the Yoostar library during or apart from gameplay.
The full list of Hollywood Scenes and Sets included in the retail copy of Yoostar 2 includes:
- 300: This is Sparta! & Tonight we dine in hell!
- Along Came Polly: Me no estas too good.
- American Pie: Stifler’s mom.
- Angels and Demons: A Vatican jet is standing by.
- Animal House: You’re expelled!
- Apollo 13: Houston, we have a problem.
- Baby Mama: Here come yo’ baby mama.
- Beverly Hills Cop: Herpes simplex 10.
- Blazing Saddles: I was born here, and I was raised here.
- The Blues Brothers: It’s 106 miles to Chicago.
- Casablanca: Here’s looking at you, kid.
- Coming to America: I want to tear you apart.
- CSI: Miami Season 3: Gator bait!
- Employee of the Month: Call an emergency staff meeting!
- Ferris Bueller’s Day Off: Bueller? Bueller? Bueller?
- Forest Gump: It’s a household name.
- Frankenstein: It’s Alive!
- Godfather: An offer he can’t refuse.
- Grease: What’s the matter – you afraid?
- The Hangover: One-man wolf pack. & Oh, Lord – it's Mike Tyson
- The Italian Job: I’m Handsome Rob.
- Karate Kid: Wax on, wax off
- Kick Ass: You lookin’ at me? & Nobody’s tried to be a superhero?
- Kindergarten Cop: It’s not a tumor!
- Mad Men Season 1: Enjoying the company of women.
- Meet the Fockers: Look at this! & That weird shrine thing.
- Meet the Parents: Can you deal with that!
- The Mummy: Protect and watch over me.
- Norbit: I haven’t touched your seat.
- The Nutty Professor: Dinner with the Klumps.
- The Princess Bride: Tale of the 6-fingered man.
- Rocky: What about my prime, Mick?
- Rocky Balboa: People see me, and they think of you.
- Shaun Of The Dead: Zombie Soundtrack
- Slap Shot: The finer points of hockey.
- The Spiderwick Chronicles: Jared meets Thimbletack
- Star Trek: The Next Generation Season 3: Locutus of Borg: Resistance is futile.
- Star Trek: The Original Series Season 2: What killed these tribbles?
- Superman Returns: Superman saves an airplane
- The Terminator: I’ll be back.
- Tropic Thunder: Agent Pecker on the line. & A sweet, cuddly, vicious little panda!
- Up in Smoke: Anybody got any coffee?
- The Wizard of Oz: Dorothy meets the Scarecrow.
- Zoolander: Earth to Matilda! & I’m not a gymnast, Maury!
- Clash of the Titans: Defeat the Kraken!
- Gladiator: A gladiator before the cheering masses.
- I Am Legend: I can save you!
- King Kong: The wrath of Kong.
- The Matrix: The One commands 'The Matrix'.
- The Matrix Revolutions: Outmaneuver the Sentinel army.
- Men in Black: Confront the Bug.
- Scarface: Say hello to my little friend.
- Star Trek: The Next Generation: Enterprise-D bridge.
- Top Gun: Flight Simulator.
Yoostar 2 is currently available at all leading retail outlets throughout North America for an MSRP of $49.99.
More articles about Yoostar2