With a wealth of activities, in-game personal trainers, customizable programs and data for calories burned, ExerBeat offers a robust virtual workout studio for the home.
With more than 150 fun fitness-oriented activities spanning a variety of categories such as dance, martial arts, body conditioning, and quirky mini-game type party games, there are plenty of choices for players of every age and skill level to get active. ExerBeat also includes exercises which are compatible with the Wii Balance Board (sold separately) and Wii MotionPlus accessories to expand the range of gameplay options even further. The game supports one or two players simultaneously with the option to play with two Wii Remotes (one for each hand) or just one in either the right or left hand.
ExerBeat includes various modes to encourage a healthy, ongoing fitness routine. An in-game personal trainer helps customize workout programs based on the player’s personal goals and preferences, while daily and weekly challenges motivate players to achieve accomplishments on a consistent basis. The game provides data on estimated calories burned after each activity and includes records on a daily, weekly or monthly basis so players can track their progress regularly. On-screen instructors enhance the training experience as they provide direction as well as fitness tips and feedback to guide players.
As an added incentive, an Around the World mode converts players’ workout results into an equivalent distance walked across the globe. This provides a tangible, visual representation of progress as players see their Mii characters traveling the world and stopping at nearly 100 international locations along the way. At each landmark, new exercises and modes are unlocked and interesting facts about the local culture are revealed, providing an enriching experience for the mind as well as body. With the ability to track multiple profiles, players can compete to travel farther than their friends and family.
- Something for everyone: Friends and family members can find something they like with 155 exercises covering 8 categories of popular exercise routines including: Hip Hop, Latin Dance, Aerobics, Boxercising, Karate, Karate Forms, Yoga/Pilates and Stretching. There are even Party Fitness exercises for the kids!
- Easy and accessible workouts: Players can enjoy each exercise by following easy-to-understand instructions as they move their body and Wii Remote to the rhythm. The number of calories burned as well as METs (intensity of the workout) are displayed for each exercise. Players can even create a personal workout program instantly by specifying “problem areas” to work on, and setting the length of their workouts and workout goals.
- Dedicated instructors: The instructors give helpful insight and exercise tips, making you feel like you’re working out with a real live trainer!
- Fun for the whole family!: Friends and family members can compete for the highest score per exercise, whether by simultaneously playing side-by-side, or comparing results on ranking boards. For long-term competitive play, there’s the race to complete Around the World mode (where your Mii™ travels around the globe based on your workout progress) as well as comprehensive graphs and calendars to keep track of the entire family’s progress! There’s even a special set of kid-oriented exercises in Party Fitness to get the youngest of players involved!
- Fun fitness everyday: With a variety of menu options including one-day only exercise challenges, Around the World mode and Weekly Challenges, keeping up a healthy lifestyle has never been more fun!
ExerBeat is rated "E" for Everyone by the ESRB and will carry an MSRP of $29.99.
More articles about ExerBeat