- The game can now allocate more than 3GB of RAM memory on 64-bit operating system.
- Screenshots of the city during the saves are now disabled in order to avoid a crash.
- Trophies won will be saved each time.
- Upgrading roads already laid on the maps of Paris, New York and Hollywood won’t cause the game to crash anymore.
- The game now saves a backup copy regularly during the game.
- The trade message is now displayed in the Media Report (informational messages displayed below the main game).
- You will always be able to build Oil processing factories near refineries.
- The number of power plants required to build a large central is now more clearly displayed.
- Problem with French localization of roads on stilts corrected.
- Before uninstalling, the game asks whether to keep the saves or not.
You are the virtual mayor and as such, you will need to find the right balance between economic development for your city, public transportation, housing, social services, leisure activities and even special events in town. Realism has been pushed a little bit deeper with larger cities, more realistic and more sophisticated than ever before!
Cities XL 2011 pushes its limits further: hundreds of new buildings and structures appear for a total of more than 700 constructions, leading the way for new building and combinations options never seen before in a City Builder. Many new maps are also available, for a total of 45 buildable maps. City management offers the full experience thanks to the addition of public transportation (subway, bus) which decongests downtown traffic while lowering pollution levels and increasing the population's satisfaction. A more elaborated tax system lets all apprentice mayors adjust personal and local business taxes. As never been seen before in a City-builder, Cities XL 2011 allows you to specialize some of your cities and create a large-scale economical balance between all your interconnected cities!
For the first time in this kind of game, Cities XL 2011 finally lets you go beyond the simple creation of a city! Connect every city that you build in a trade network, specialize some of them so that they can provide for others, and create a large-scale economy balance!
Thanks to these big novelties and to a lot of inspired improvements, Cities XL 2011 truly reaches a whole new dimension to please all City Builders' fans
More articles about Cities XL 2011