At the end of the 21st century, the continuing exhaustion of Earth's resources sparked a furious struggle for dominance, ultimately leading to all-out conflict. Billions perished as the Final Wars raged across the globe.
As nations crumbled and civil society was in its death throes, one of the super-nations that actually started the conflict devised a plan to win the war by simply outliving its rivals. This resulted in the creation of The Continoma Project – a massive, self-sufficient mind database capable of storing the memories and thoughts of humans. The leaders of the super-nation that created Continoma ensured their entry within the database and brought with them the seeds of what they believed was a thriving community of docile and loyal citizens.
Humanity outside Continoma Project all but destroyed itself – the great societies that once warred amongst themselves were reduced to nomadic tribes and eventually regressed to primal existence or simply died out, long before the irradiated and polluted world became habitable again. While life on Earth was going through its most dramatic extinction and adaptation, the Librarium – a nearly-indestructible fortress tended by artificial intelligence and robots – kept the dormant sentience of humanity’s chosen safe for the future.
Players find themselves immersed is a continuing power struggle between the leaders behind the Continoma Project, called the Continoma, and the Noir, an armed resistance group formed by a former Continoma leader. Their continuous struggle has weakened them considerably and even as they remain the two most powerful forces on Enterra, they depend much on the other smaller organizations for their survival and victory on the island.
New features for integration in April and May of 2011 include:
- Resurrection mechanics – The first feature chosen in February by the Earthrise community as part of the “Choose your game feature” official forum.
- Quest hints on the minimap – Players will have a clear indicator on the minimap as to where they need to go to work on their quest task.
- Parties will share battle points, levels of contribution and karma from a killed enemy.
- Item and vehicle painting – Crafters will be able to produce paint and sell/give it to other players so they can personalize their armor, weapons and vehicles.
- Guild diplomacy – Guilds will be able to declare war on other guilds and build allies. Guilds at war with each other will be flagged red and the affiliation of their members will not change if they kill each other. Guilds that are allies with other guilds will be considered one entity and all mechanics will work as if they were one guild.
Additional enhancements include:
- Improved chat window with customizable tabs, font and messages.
- Friends/ignore list.
- Improvements to the monster AI.
- Force attack toggle on and off.
- Resurrection points will have an affiliation.
- Inverse kinematics of the main characters.
- Improved shadows.
- Continued client and server performance improvements.
“We are very excited about the new items that we are currently finalizing, and appreciate all of the constructive feedback that we consistently receive from our dedicated community,” said Atanas Atanasov, producer of Earthrise and director of Masthead Studios. “We will continue to seek player input to conduct future developments and could not be more energized about the future of Earthrise.”
Featuring a unique skill-based advancement system and player-driven economy, as well as extensive, meaningful player-vs.-player combat, Earthrise gives you innumerable choices to forge your destiny. Whether you're a noble soldier in the raging conflict between the Utopia and the rebellion, a criminal hiding from the law or a world-renowned engineer whose power extends into intricate trade and politics, your actions will echo throughout the game world.
Masthead has employed its own engine to craft the stunning graphics and atmosphere in the game, as well as to handle its dynamic combat mechanics. Explore the diverse and sprawling capital city of Sal Vitas and surrounding unclaimed territories. Fight with advanced PvP mechanics featuring customizable power armor, huge mechanized exoskeletons, and an arsenal of weapons to control contested lands and their resources. Influence the market-based economy by working for the corporate world or trading on the black market, all based in immense and highly customized crafting and offline play systems. Players will shape the society in the beginning of a new mankind; or they will create their own dystopia.
- A unique post-apocalyptic setting where the cloned remnants of mankind battle to survive and rebuild. Yet while humanity may have evolved, human nature remains as treacherous as ever…
- Highly customizable characters with over 100 different skills, abilities, and tactics. No artificial "class" restrictions get in the way of making the character you want.
- Fast-paced action combat featuring dynamic targeting, customizable power armor, huge mechanized exoskeletons, and hundreds of high-tech weapons.
- Sophisticated Player versus Player (PvP) mechanics that let you fight for the established order, join the revolutionary underground, or carve your own bloody path as an independent criminal.
- Territorial conquest and defense that matters. In your domain, you create your own rules – or let anarchy reign.
- Character progression that keeps you advancing in your career even when you’re not logged in.
- An advanced market-based economy with in-game supply and demand based on player activities.
- Deep crafting mechanics that let you design and manufacture unique items from customizable blueprints and raw resources.
More articles about Earthrise