Ship Simulator Extremes v1.3.5 Fixes:
* New Feature: added support to Ship Simulator Extremes game for Ferry Pack AddOn
* New Feature: switch direction also influences controls and orbit camera
* Performance Improvement: added bollards to several environments missing them
* Performance Improvement: ship ai behavior
* Performance Improvement: PhysX no longer requires 3rd party installer
* Fixed an issue with the chart taking too much memory
* Fixed an issue where the Sigita DLC showed up as different gamemode
Ship Simulator Extremes v1.3.0 Fixes:
[ General ]
* New Feature: Mission Editor is now available from the main menu. Manual available from the Windows Start menu.
* New Feature: Antialiasing functionality is now accessible from options -> graphics -> quality settings menu
* New Feature: Shortcut in Windows Start menu to access game photo folder
* New Feature: Added navigation lights on bouys
* New Feature: Cinematic in-game camera added. Select from camera GUI. LMB click to set camera location, LMB click again to set camera height.
* Performance Improvement: Allow the game to allocate more memory, upto 3GB, on 64-bit systems
* Performance Improvement: Duplicate mission behaviour; just the duplicate mission will be omitted and the user will get notified in the main menu
* Performance Improvement: Allow more parts of the game to run in a separate thread, optimizing performance
* Visual Improvements: Lightened up the night, Brighter ambient colours, More prominent reflections, Buoy navlights
* Fixed an issue where a duplicate file could interfere with several menu's in-game
* Fixed an issue where mission savegames could corrupt ship controls
* Various smaller bugfixes
[ Mission editor ]
* Mission Editor added
* Updated Feature: added multiselecttool
* Updated Feature: double-click anywhere in the environment to center the camera's focus point there.
[ Chart ]
* Added depth display ranges
* More realistic buoy positioning
[ Missions ]
* New Feature: Added bollards to freeroaming in all environments
* Improved freeroam traffic pathfinding
* Fixed an issue where autopilot would incorrectly warn about other ships
* Fixed and added better descriptions for several mission objectives
[ Ships ]
* New Feature: Added anchor chains and dropping anchors
* New Feature: multiple helmsman cameras on appropriate ships, cycle through them with the GUI or the shortcut key (2)
* New Feature: helmsman camera panning, use default camera panning actions to pan the camera left or right
* New Feature: Added functionality for SS08-style controlling, using dual throttles by moving the center of the levers
* New Feature: Added working Bridge-wing controls
* New Feature: Moving indicators on ship bridges (rpms, rudder angles)
* New Feature: Moving radar on bridge monitors
* New Feature: Rowboat deployables on Red Eagle
* New Feature: Navigation light state 'fishing'
* New Feature: Option to switch a Ferry's general direction
* Improved tighter mooring ropes (tighter)
* Improved performance of ship update
* Improved smoke particles on most ships
* Improved ship dynamics
* Improved navigation lights
* Improved mouse-response for controls
* Improved ship bridge layouts
* Improved ship bridge control types
* Fixed and added several missing hull ship names
* Fixed an issue where controls on several ships could interfere with eachother (mouse/keyboard)
* Fixed an issue and made walkthrough run mode functional again
* Fixed an issue with collision of the Red Eagle
* Fixed an issue where the GUI indicator would display negative (port) values while they should be positive (starboard)
[ Multiplayer ]
* Improved network ship dynamics
* Improved stability
* Fixed an issue where the ocean state was not syncronized among peers
* Fixed an issue where the in-game time was reset upon rejoining a session
Ship Simulator Extremes v1.2.2 Fixes:
- [ General ]
- Added buoys to environments
- Added VHF radio chatter
- Added functional camera reset (orbit, walkthrough, helmsman).
- Added orbit camera panning with middle-mouse button
- Added functionality when in walkthrough mode, secondary ship controls are available
- Added free-roam traffic (optional)
- Added Billy Green as ship in free roaming
- Improved walkthrough up-stairs speed
- Improved ocean performance
- Added option to turn off damage in freeroaming
- Fixed an issue when enabling logfiles they would cause user to end up in a virtual store folder
- Fixed an issue where joystick deadzones would reset the control
- Fixed various smaller issues
- Added tutorial mission
- Added lifeboats on Orient Star
- Added lifeboats on Pride of Rotterdam
- Added smoke from exhausts
- Added barge connection points
- Improved several bridges (layouts/controls)
- Improved damage and collisions (less sensitive)
- Improved watercannon power for smaller ships
- Fixed Jumbo Javelin walkthrough on bridge
- Fixed azipod controllers can turn 360 degrees
- Fixed a visual artifact where bow splashes were being cut off
- Fixed an issue where deployable navigation lights are kept on when boarding the parent ship
- Fixed an issue where deployables might not start in the correct position
- Added option to show/hide bridge controls in helmsman and walkthrough cam (default key is 'c')
- Improved Bugsier 2 controls and able to rotate 360 degrees
- Improved ship dynamics
- Improved navigation light configurations
- Improved initial ship positions on start of mission
- Fixed RedJet4 walkthrough start position
- Fixed an issue with the near clipping plane on small ships
- Added current time and elapsed time on GUI
- Added wind indicator on conning display
- Fixed DTW in nautical miles
- Improved loading screens
- Improved showing/hiding of GUI (default key is 'tab')
Ship Simulator Extremes gives players the opportunity to take on exciting missions all over the world as they captain an impressive array of vessels and live the story of real ship captains.
Have you ever wondered how it feels to sail a half-million ton supertanker through the perfect storm or to take on illegal whale hunters in the Antarctic? Feel the rush of serving as a coast guard as you evacuate an island threatened by a volcanic disaster. With missions based on actual events that take place in realistic environments and locations from all over the world, Ship Simulator Extremes has you endure extreme conditions, fight the elements and face all of the challenges associated with being a ship captain.
Wide range of vessels to control, including hovercrafts, coast guard interceptors, mammoth tankers, tugs, cruise liners, and many others.
- Wide range of vessels to control, including hovercrafts, coast guard interceptors, mammoth tankers, tugs, cruise liners, and many others.
- Includes exciting storylines and missions all over the world.
- From the very hot to the very cold, sail to the most enchanted regions of the world. Explore the Antarctic or take in beautiful Bora Bora. Includes famous harbours and locations worldwide.
- Official Greenpeace license : sail famous Greenpeace ships and take on ecological missions based on real events!
- Realistic water & weather system. Sail a calm sea or take on the most extreme conditions ever witnessed at sea.
- Online Multiplayer mode. Sail online with your friends and take part in cooperative missions and community events.
More articles about Ship Simulator Extremes