Fireburst will send players on a scorching adrenaline frenzy as they get behind the wheels and race on paved racecourses and wicked off-road tracks. Based on the Unreal Engine 3, racers keep opponents at bay in blazing fashion thanks to a novel Fireboost system that offers explosive graphics and a thrilling gameplay experience.
Features include more than 15 different racing and destruction maps, consisting of airfields, docks, oilrigs, sewers, refineries, warehouses and waterfalls. Players can choose from 16 cars in four different categories – Buggys, Muscle Cars, Trucks, Offroader/4x4 – while every car of its class has one of four Fireboost capabilities: Fireball, Firewheels, Firewall and Fireblast.
Fireburst will also offer multiple car customizations where players can choose from several different bodywork art and unlock skins and characters as they win races. With more than 250 car skins and 16 eccentric characters, car-character combinations are limitless. The racing madness continues with 4-player split screen capability, single player and multi-player modes, and multiplayer match-ups where racers can taunt their opponents for an immersive and intense gameplay experience.
Zoo Entertainment announced its partnership with chart-topping rock band, Hawthorne Heights, to develop exclusive content for its upcoming action-packed, arcade racing title, Fireburst.
Hawthorne Heights' single, "Drive," from their latest album, Skeletons, is now available for free download on the newly launched Fireburst website. Players will also be able to obtain special Hawthorne Heights-branded car skins - including distinctive Buggy and Van skins displaying the Hawthorne Heights skeletons theme - as in-game achievements. In addition, Melvin, Fireburst's token nerd character, will have 16 Hawthorne Heights' cars that will allow players to race with distinct prominence in the game's off-road tracks and racecourses.
"Collaborating with Hawthorne Heights really epitomizes the importance we place on fostering creative partnerships with independent labels like Wind-Up Records," said Mark Seremet, Zoo CEO. "This will enable us to reach new audiences across various entertainment genres with a distinctive and more personalized gameplay experience."
- Innovative boost system: With the novel 4-stage fire boost, opponents' vehicles are eliminated in spectacular ways
- Fireburst is developed based on Unreal Engine 3
- Wacky characters
- All kinds of vehicles: From sleek buggies and pimped-up vintage models to massive pick-ups, this fleet leaves nothing to be desired
- Unique combinations of drivers and vehicles: Match a character with the appropriate vehicle to optimize driving attributes
- Game modes offering plenty of variation: Challenge and championship modes, as well as multiplayer options (with up to 16 players online, or up to 4 players offline with a split screen), make for spectacular entertainment
- Surprising twists: 20 huge tracks are divided into ten areas. Each track offers shortcuts and alternative routes
- Plenty of bonuses: Unlock new vehicles, tracks, and game modes
- Sneering and jeering: Each character uses more than 50 different taunts to mock the competition. But beware: The more you provoke the AI drivers, the more aggressively they will race you!
Fireburst is not yet rated and will be available at a MSRP of $15 for PSN and 1200 Microsoft Points for XBLA.
More articles about Fireburst