Running on the powerful Guitar Hero engine that has been expanded and refined, coupled with the return of the critically acclaimed and fan favourite features like Party Play’s jump in/jump out gameplay, a host of Competitive modes and the ability to play any combination of guitar, bass, drums and vocals, Guitar Hero: Warriors of Rock offers the complete interactive and connected experience bringing friends and foes to the stage in the ultimate rock music adventure.
In Quest Mode, using any combination of instruments, players will embark on a larger-than-life, epic rock journey from the stage of CBGBs, the infamous punk-rock club in New York City, to the molten lava fields of rock treachery as eight Guitar Hero characters transform into rock warriors that must join together to use their unique, game-changing powers to help the Demi-God of Rock take down “The Beast” and save rock n’ roll.
Guitar Hero: Warriors of Rock breathes new life into gamers’ current Guitar Hero music libraries providing literally hundreds of hours of replayability with the introduction of Quickplay+, which features 13 totally unique gameplay challenges for every on-disc track as well as most downloadable and importable songs from Guitar Hero World Tour forward. Gamers will complete challenges such as Band Streak, High Score and Power Challenge, which allows players to choose any two warrior powers they have unlocked to try and earn ridiculously high scores, to rank up and unlock more rewards and content than ever before. All-new Challenge Leaderboards have been created in order to capture the outrageous scores that are capable with Quickplay+.
Delivering the largest on-disc rock music set list to-date, Guitar Hero: Warriors of Rock features more than 90 tracks that include guitar shredding hits from bands such as Black Sabbath, Megadeth and Slipknot and larger than life anthems from Queen, Muse and KISS. Additionally, Dave Mustaine of Megadeth wrote and recorded “Sudden Death,” an original track for the game, which was inspired by Quest Mode’s storyline. Along with original songs, the set list also includes special re-records by famous artists and tracks from bands that are making their music video game debut.
Guitar Hero veterans and three-time Grammy Award-nominated pop punk rockers Paramore join alternative rock band Madina Lake in their downloadable content debut with the four-song Emo Edge Track Pack. “Ignorance,” the first single off of Paramore’s 2009 record Brand New Eyes and “That’s What You Get” the second single from the band’s sophomore album Riot! coupled with “Hey Superstar” from Madina Lake’s second EP The Dresden Codex and “Across 5 Oceans” from their upcoming record World War III, round out the offering.
Hailing from Sacramento, California and having taken the stage with some of the biggest acts in the world, alternative rock band Middle Class Rut make their Guitar Hero debut today with the Middle Class Rut Track Pack. Featuring their breakout single “New Low,” “Sad to Know” and “Lifelong Dayshift” from their 2010 album No Name No Color, Middle Class Rut make a great addition to the Guitar Hero music library.
pic melodic death metal legends Darkest Hour return to Guitar Hero with searing vocals, fast riffing guitar lines and intense double-bass drum beats in a three-song track pack. The Darkest Hour Track Pack features singles “Savor the Kill” and “Beyond the Life You Know” from the band’s seventh and most recent album The Human Romance as well as “Doomsayer (The Beginning of the End),” the hit single off of their 2007 record, Deliver Us.
The Middle Class Rut and Emo Edge track packs will be available on Xbox Live Marketplace for 440 Microsoft Points, on the PlayStation Store for for $5.49 and for Wii for 550 Wii Points. The songs in the Middle Class Rut and Emo Edge track pack will also be released as downloadable singles for the Xbox 360 for 160 Microsoft Points, PS3 for $1.99 and Wii for 200 Wii Points each. The Darkest Hour Track Pack will be available on Xbox Live Marketplace for 440 Microsoft Points and on the PlayStation Store for PS3 for $5.49, and released as downloadable singles for the Xbox 360 for 160 Microsoft Points and PS3 for $1.99.
In addition to the in-game music store and Xbox Live Marketplace, Xbox 360 owners can expand their Guitar Hero music library using the Guitar Hero VIP Pass Music Store, available exclusively on Xbox Live.
- A Perfect Circle - The Outsider
- Aerosmith - Cryin'
- AFI - Dancing Through Sunday
- Alice Cooper - No More Mr. Nice Guy
- Alter Bridge - Ties That Bind
- Anberlin - Feel Good Drag
- Anthrax - Indians
- Arch Enemy - Nemesis
- Atreyu - Ravenous
- Avenged Sevenfold - Bat Country
- Bad Brains - Re-Ignition (Live)
- Band Of Skulls - I Know What I Am
- Black Sabbath - Children Of The Grave
- Blind Melon - Tones Of Home
- Blue Öyster Cult - Burnin' For You
- Bush - Machinehead
- Buzzcocks - What Do I Get?
- Children Of Bodom - If You Want Peace... Prepare For War
- Creedence Clearwater Revival - Fortunate Son
- Deep Purple - Burn
- Def Leppard - Pour Some Sugar On Me (Live)
- Dethklok - Bloodlines
- Dire Straits - Money For Nothing
- Dragonforce - Fury Of The Storm
- Drowning Pool - Bodies
- Fall Out Boy - Dance, Dance
- Five Finger Death Punch - Hard To See
- Flyleaf - Again
- Foo Fighters - No Way Back
- Foreigner - Feels Like The First Time
- George Thorogood And The Destroyers - Move It On Over (Live)
- Interpol - Slow Hands
- Jane's Addicton - Been Caught Stealing
- Jethro Tull - Aqualung
- John 5 Feat. Jim Root - Black Widow Of La Porte
- Kiss - Love Gun
- Linkin Park - Bleed It Out
- Lynyrd Skynyrd - Call Me The Breeze (Live)
- Megadeth - Holy Wars... The Punishment Due
- Megadeth - Sudden Death
- Megadeth - The Day We Fight!
- Metallica Feat. Ozzy Osbourne - Paranoid (Live)
- Muse - Uprising
- My Chemical Romance - I'm Not Okay (I Promise)
- Neil Young - Rockin' In The Free World
- Nickelback - How You Remind Me
- Night Ranger - (You Can Still) Rock In America
- Nine Inch Nails - Wish
- Orianthi - Suffocated
- Pantera - I'm Broken
- Phoenix - Lasso
- Poison - Unskinny Bop
- Queen - Bohemian Rhapsody
- Queensrÿche - Jet City Woman
- R.E.M. - Losing My Religion
- RX Bandits - It's Only Another Parsec...
- Rammstein - Waidmanns Heil
- Rise Against - Savior
- Rush - 2112 Pt. 1 - Overture
- Rush - 2112 Pt. 2 - The Temples Of Syrinx
- Rush - 2112 Pt. 3 - Discovery
- Rush - 2112 Pt. 4 - Presentation
- Rush - 2112 Pt. 5 - Oracle: The Dream
- Rush - 2112 Pt. 6 - Soliloquy
- Rush - 2112 Pt. 7 - Grand Finale
- Silversun Pickups - There's No Secrets This Year
- Slash Feat. Iggy Pop - We're All Gonna Die
- Slash Feat. Ian Astbury And Izzy Stradlin - Ghost
- Slayer - Chemical Warfare
- Slipknot - Psychosocial
- Snot - Deadfall
- Soundgarden - Black Rain
- Steve Vai - Speeding
- Stone Temple Pilots - Interstate Love Song
- Strung Out - Calling
- Styx - Renegade
- Sum 41 - Motivation
- Tesla - Modern Day Cowboy
- Third Eye Blind - Graduate
- Tom Petty & The Heartbreakers - Listen To Her Heart
- The Cure - Fascination Street
- The Dillinger Escape Plan - Setting Fire To Sleeping Giants
- The Edgar Winter Group - Free Ride
- The Hives - Tick Tick Boom
- The Offspring - Self Esteem
- The Ramones - Theme From Spiderman
- The Rolling Stones - Stray Cat Blues
- The Runaways - Cherry Bomb
- The Vines - Get Free
- The White Stripes - Seven Nation Army
- Them Crooked Vultures - Scumbag Blues
- Twisted Sister - We're Not Gonna Take It
- ZZ Top - Sharp Dressed Man (Live)
To maximize players’ shredability, Guitar Hero: Warriors of Rock delivers the next evolution in finger-fretting with an all-new, show-stopping guitar controller that was inspired and born from the game’s unique art style and specifically made for shredding.
More articles about Guitar Hero: Warriors of Rock