Sail Simulator 5 skippers have full control over the boat even in strong wind and high seas. Trim the sails and tighten the sheets to sail the boat at maximum speed.
A new addition is the area of Scheveningen, with (amongst others) pier and port. This makes it perfect for coastal sailing, as you may see on the figure to the right. The 470 Worlds will be organized here from the new regatta centre of the 'Watersportverbond' in 2010.
Organize multiplayer races with other users through the Internet or local network (LAN). Outside Cabrera and Treasure Island we defined two racing tracks. Wind and waves can be set before the race.
Experienced sailors will quickly recognize the incredibly realistic motion of wind, water, and waves, as they take the helm of any one of 17 modern racing sailboat classes, ranging from the Olympic 470 and Laser to the 70-foot Volvo Open 70. Novices will discover a simple, inexpensive way to learn the fundamentals of sailing and the vagaries of the wind, long before they step aboard their first vessel.
Sail Simulator 5 Deluxe Edition sailors will experience every aspect of handling a sailboat in a variety of wind conditions. They will sail by themselves, with highly detailed boats, crews, and animations, or race against other virtual sailors from all over the world.
“Over the past 25 years, I have been fortunate to have published and distributed some of the best simulations ever created,” said IGS CEO and President, Paul Lombardi. ‘This is one of the best products I have ever published, and I am proud to be in this partnership with one of the world’s leading developers of nautical simulations, Stentec. As a Marylander who grew up near Annapolis, one of the sailing hubs of North America, I am sure that sailors – and those who would like to learn more about sailing – will be extremely satisfied with Sail Simulator 5 Deluxe Edition. “
“We are very proud of our partnership with Stentec,” Said Paul Lombardi, CEO of IGS Simulations, “and we believe that Sail Simulator 5 Deluxe Edition is an outstanding product, and we are very pleased to have the opportunity to present it to a North American audience.”
Wouter Kuik, Managing Director of Stentec Software, said, ”This deal is an important step to realize our mission to roll our virtual sailing world wide as a sport. The experience and professional approach of IGS-games on the North American market will make super realistic virtual sailing become available for a lot of new users. It probably will more than double the Sail Simulator community in 2011.”
- The most realistic and best looking sailing simulation software ever made.
- For sailors and gamers of all ages above 6.
- Learn to sail with several boat types and weather. Ideal for boat trim and regatta training.
- Online Multiplayer sailing and racing with open and organized sessions. Create your own online session with racing courses and weather and compete in popularity with other sessions.
- Compete through an evolutionary session ranking and personal ranking system. Train a race as much possible. Beat strong sailors to become the top ranked sailor in the world.
- Sailing fleet: Laser, 470, Valk, VOR70, Bavaria 36, YD40.
- Sailing areas: Scheveningen, Cabrera, Koh Hong, Treasure Island.
In 2010 Stentec Software will continue to improve Sail Simulator using the latest technologies. Free updates with new boats and options will become available for license holders.
More articles about Sail Simulator 2010