NASCAR The Game 2011 has been built from the ground up to make a thoroughly new experience. The team started by speaking with the people who know NASCAR best – the fans – and took that insight to the teams, drivers and officials to completely embrace what makes NASCAR America’s #1 motorsport.
Eutechnyx has been listening to all the user, community and critic feedback and has been hard at work creating a patch to address some of the issues folks may be experiencing.
Below is a list of issues we are working on for the next Patch. This isn't a list of all the outstanding problems but Eutechnyx would like to get this Patch out ASAP and these are the key issues that are stopping the majority of players from enjoying the game. As each item is fixed, the status will be updated.
The week of May 9 would be a realistic release date for the patch if everything goes to plan although there are elements beyond their control in this process.
They’re also working on the 2011 DLC update which will update the game with the 2011 car models, paint schemes and more.
Note: Updated items are highlighted in white.
- Fix lack of Caution Flags - Fixed
- Fix issues with the A.I. exiting the pits and then pulling straight up the track - Fixed
- Fix Cautions Lights being illuminated all of the time - Fixed
- Improve the PS3 voice comms - Fixed
- Fix the instant wrecking during Online Rolling Starts - Fixed
- Fix the Lobby Race Start Counter freezing - Fixed
- Fix Spotter saying “Clear” too often - Fixed
- Truex Jr. & Bill Elliott being corrupt during celebrations - Fixed This may need to be held back until the DLC pack due to the size of the fix. Microsoft limits the size.
- Hardcore mode enabled on Xbox 360. PS3 already works - Fixed
- Fix Custom Setups working Online - Fixed
- Car rolling away during a celebration leaving the driver celebrating in mid-air - Fixed
- Pace car lights in single player are on all of the time - Fixed
- Issues with the Lucky Dog rule - Fixed
- Issues with the Wave Around rule - Fixed
- Improve FFB and wheel sensitivity options - Fixed
- Slow Down indicator is no longer displayed on Talladega as it's a wide open track - Fixed
- Loss of Save - Fixed
- Fix the Rolling Starts Online/Offline so the cars begin in the correct formation and together - Work In Progress
- Improve general stability and freezing issues - Work In Progress
- In Private games, the host will start the timer when they are ready - Added
- Add support for the Porsche GT2 wheel (XBox 360) - Added
- Allow the HUD to be completely turned off - Added
- Ensure only Carl Edwards performs a back flip - Fixed
- Add the ability to change your Online Car - Added
- Add proximity indicator to split screen - Added
- Added Manufacturer Logos and Headlight / Taillight stickers to the Paint Shop- Added
- Adding time to the lobby count down when people enter a lobby - Improved
- Added a penalty mechanic to slow down the player when cutting corners on the Road Courses - Added
- A.I. difficulty being too easy when qualifying - Improved
- Added Wheel Control sensitivity option to the XBox 360 - Added
- Allow the Rival Icon to be turned off, use In Game options menu - Added
- Change the Gas indicator so it defaults to full in the pit stop interface - Added
- Add support for the T500 wheel - Added
- The sensitivity when using the stick to move / rotate etc. is too high - Improved
- Disable rubber banding - Added
- Legends Challenge, Only show the closest tag - Improved
- When any players are in a race, players in the lobby should see “PLAYERS STILL RACING” where it currently reads “AWAITING OTHER DRIVERS” in the lobby - Improved
- Added an Auto Kick system for removing disruptive players, Driving Backward or not Moving, in an online race - Added
- A.I. bunching on certain tracks - Improved
- Accelerated vinyl projection rendering, slightly faster on Xbox 360, almost twice as fast on PS3 - Improved
- Upped custom decal layer count from 50 to 75 - Improved
- Non-Supported wheels now have better general compatibility, Thustmaster (All) & Logitech (MoMo & GT Force) - Added
- Reconfigure the damage to improve the look and add more debris on impact - Improved
- Draft effect both on the car and visual to be tweaked - Work In Progress
- Free up the A.I. cars so that when they are hit by a player they will get loose - Work In Progress
- A.I. being overly aggressive when bump drafting the player
- A.I. pitting problems causing them to collide in to each other
- A.I. slamming their brakes on for no reason
- Hitting the wall often turns the car ending up with the player facing the wrong way
Players can choose to play as themselves or as one of the sport’s real-world drivers as they battle it out for the NASCAR Sprint Cup Series Championship. Each pro driver has the AI characteristics of his or her real world counterpart, setting the stage for intense rivalries played out on the track. Damage is meticulously detailed and multi-car wrecks are the most extreme ever experienced in an officially licensed racing game. From the 22 real world tracks to full pit stop strategy action, NASCAR The Game 2011 captures the real atmosphere, sense of speed and spectacle that embodies NASCAR. Players can even feel the thrill of a win with the interactive celebration mode.
The game also includes in-depth multiplayer modes which allow up to 16 players to battle it out for the win online. In both online and offline races, players earn NASCAR experience points which help unlock rewards such as decal packs or special car designs, as well as career sponsorships and special races throughout career mode. Everything you do on the track counts!
More articles about NASCAR 2011: The Game