Major features of patch 1.3 include:
- Improved AI for economy and military matters
- Economy system rebalanced, with support for proper free-market adaption
- New system for how gun boat diplomacy and bankruptcies work
- Socialists can now back political reforms and Liberals can do social reforms (though each less than the other)
- Pop promotion and assimilation have received a major overhaul
- Artillery is now a more useful unit, and mobilization does not punish sparsely populated countries as much
- Many bug fixes, game balance tweaks and interface improvements
Major features of patch 1.2 include:
- Playable Babylon added as a free DLC integrated in the patch
- Players can now play as any country, even if that country does not exist at the start of the game
- Rebalanced economy and revolt mechanics
- More historical flavor, with new countries, new decisions and new events added to the game
- Additions to the interface, with new outliner options for tracking influence, and a zoomed-out representation of armies & navies
- Improved AI, providing a more challenging experience
Victoria2 is a grand strategy game played during the colonial era of the 19th century, where the player takes control over a country, guiding it through industrialisation, political reforms, military conquest and colonisation. Guide the USA to its Manifest Destiny, Make United Kingdom into a world-spanning empire, and make Germany the dominating nation in Europe.
- Deep engrossing political simulation, with dozens of different types of governments.
- Detailed economy with over fifty different type of goods and factories.
- Historical game-play on a large map covering the entire world.
- Over 200 different countries can be played, from 1835 to the start of world war 2.
- Advanced Technological system with thousands of inventions to be discovered.
- Possibility to export a save game at the end of the game into HoI3.
- A streamlined interface, which makes the game easily accessible.
- Automation of various tasks, including trade and population promotion.
- Advanced spheres of influences system, where the great powers battle over the control of the world.
- New types of pops, including bureaucrats and artisans.
- Cottage production simulating pre-industrial economies.
- Gunboat Diplomacy, no need for negotiate as a fleet outside a port may be a more persuasive argument.
- Overhaul of education, where clergy educates people of the same religion, and each pops have their own literacy levels.
- More reform categories with more options to select from in each.
- New election system with coalition governments and an upper house/senate.
- Historical and Dynamic missions guiding your country through the history.
- Thousands of historical events and decisions.
More articles about Victoria II