Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit v1.0.40 Fixes:
- Fixed crashes on boot on certain configurations of Windows (including when Windows Speech Recognition is installed)
- Fixed deadzone issues on Steering Wheels and XInput controllers
- Fixed black textures in some parts of the world when High Resolution Textures are disabled
- Fixed crash when a controller is unexpectedly disconnected
- Fixed crash when loading certain invalid controller configuration files
Need for Speed Hot Pursuit will transform online racing by bringing to life the adrenaline and intensity of high speed cop pursuits and changing the way that people connect and compete with their friends. Need for Speed Hot Pursuit players will experience the thrill of the chase and the rush of the escape as they play through full careers as both a cop and a racer – solo or connected.
Criterion also ups the ante with the introduction of an all-new online network called Need for Speed Autolog where players compare racing stats and automatically get personalized gameplay recommendations from their friends– a feature that is poised to transform online racing for the connected generation.
Exotic cars on the open road, the rush of the escape, the thrill of the takedown – this is Need for Speed Hot Pursuit.
The following issues have been fixed in this patch:
- Flickering graphics after Alt-Tabbing out of the game and back.
- Controller configurations sometimes failing to save correctly.
- Steering response dead-zone when playing with steering wheel controllers.
- Player car engine audio volume too low.
- Some issues with CPU performance.
- Rare crash issue when entering the Career map screen.
The patch also contains 3 Free Cars!: The Bentley Continental Supersports Convertible, the Lamborghini Murciélago LP 650-4 Roadster and the Dodge Viper SRT10 Convertible Final Edition.
Note: After installing this patch you will only be able to play online against players who have also installed it. You will, however, continue to get Autolog updates from all other players regardless of which version they are using.
- Career – For the first time in Need for Speed history, players will experience the gripping and heart-racing action of both cops and racers. Hot Pursuit seamlessly links a tremendously deep and fully-defined single player career with a groundbreaking multiplayer experience across all race modes. In the end, whether playing online with friends, taking on friends challenges or the single player career, players will earn bounty that levels them up and unlocks new cars, weapons and equipment.
- Need For Speed Autolog – In Need for Speed Hot Pursuit, your friends drive your gameplay experience. Need for Speed Autolog is a revolutionary system that connects friends directly to each other’s games, enabling them to compare and share all their experiences, pictures and challenges. Need for Speed Autolog instinctively delivers challenges based on what your friends have been doing, creating a hugely dynamic, socially competitive experience.
- Weapons and Equipment – Enhance the intensity of the pursuit using multiple weapons as the heat level increases during a pursuit. Whether taking down suspects with a variety of cop weapons or using evasion equipment as a racer to outsmart the cops, players will always have a method for gaining an edge over their opponent.
- Cars – In Hot Pursuit, the cars go from hot to hotter. Experience the thrill of driving the world’s most desirable high performance cars at incredible speeds. Feel the power of busting suspects in supercharged cop interceptors like the Lamborghini Reventon or outsmarting the law as a racer in high performance supercars like the Pagani Zonda Cinque.
- Seacrest County – Explore a world as diverse as the California coastline with desert, forest, seaside and mountainous regions. The open world of Seacrest County is designed to create the most intense pursuit experiences ever found in a racing game.
More articles about Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit