A BRAND NEW COOPERATIVE GAME MODE:
* Allies can donate sectors to the team partner.
* Allies can send resources and goods to the team partner.
* Allies share technologies with the team partner.
* Allies share tradeposts with the team partner.
* Allies share victory points and all calculations, that count towards gaining victory points.
* Allies can mark locations on the map by holding CTRL while pressing the left mouse button. Marking a neutral or hostile sector this way will increase the likeliness that an allied AI will attack that sector. This effect can be increased by setting more markers.
* New AI Player: Fieldmarshal Ludowig (Military/Church/Trade).
* Slight performance improvements for multi-player matches.
* More reliable ranking in empire mode.
Sound notification before an empire game starts.
* Recently started multi-player games are now displayed in the multi-player game list for a while.
* Fixed an UI bug were 2 Generals blocked each other.
* Fixed a bug on Eternal city where the player is captured in the middle sector if he chooses to play after victory.
* Fixed a bug where the maps for two and three players were incorrectly displayed as unlocked if the players filter is changed.
* Fixed a bug with the camera barrier at the map border on the skirmish map Monhaim Valley.
* Fixed a bug due to which the teammates didn't see the "Free Pass" sign.
Enjoy the tenth and twelfth campaign map, optimized for skirmish and multiplayer
On the icy coast of Seenbach, three rulers fight for domination. It may be beneficial to choose your strategy wisely depending on your starting position. Ports and a marketplace offer rich trades to complement your economy. Utilize the Cannon Foundries to supply your armies. The ruler who conquers the central town sector will be awarded with a victory point. Visit the White Castle on the coastal cliffs or the Laboratory inside the meteorite crater to gain an advantage over your competitors.
Four Kings fight for domination. Once upon a time Drakenau was a fertile and friendly realm. But now it is a devastated land, dominated by numerous volcanoes surrounding the barren plains and hills. There are no fish and only limited fertile soil. Adapt your strategy. To overcome your opponents it may be helpful to visit the gigantic Volcano, the Field of Mandrakes, the Ancient Library, the Dark Fortress or the Enchanted Tower. There are two large towns which offer a victory point each when conquered. Expand to the Cannon Foundry to support your army. Several marketplaces can be found, which may help to complement your economy with trading.
The brand new DLC 4 - The Two Kings (not included in the v1.12 patch) is now live! Those who purchased the Gold Edition of the game will have immediate access to all the features of DLC 4. For everybody else, the DLC will be available at the UbiShop.
Let’s look at the new contents that DLC 4 offers you:
A NEW 2 PLAYERS MAP:
* FOREST REALM
The Forest Realm is located in a wide open mountain valley marked by thick forests and very spacious meadows. Two kings face each other on opposing sides of the valley. The king-sized home sectors are characterized by central marketplaces, where you can increase your wealth
* 2 player map with 42 sectors
* Victory Point Setup: 20
2 NEW MAPS EXCLUSICELY DONE FOR THE BARND NEW COOPERATIVE MODE:
* TOWER ISLAND
Welcome to Tower Island. This is a menacing place, where four rulers challenge each other. The island is dominated by the central Tower of Tandria. Gaining access to the tower may be key to your success. Distances to your opponents are very short, so keep an eye on your defense
* 4 players map with 37 Sectors
* Victory Point Setup: 25
* THRONE OF TANDRIA
In this realm two teams compete for the Throne of the King. There are different starting conditions, so adapt your strategy according to your position. One Ruler has access to plenty of fertile building ground, but has only few mines in his reach. The other ruler has access to plenty of mines, but only limited fertile ground.
* Team 2 vs. 2 map with 39 sectors
* Victory Point Setup: 22
NEW EVENT LOCATION:
* TRONE OF TANDRIA
Throne of Tandria offers a victory point for trading quest, free passage for military quest and an additional Ghost General for church quest
3 NEW VICTORY POINTS
* Pacifist, Economist, Ascetic
6 NEW ECOBUILDINGS
* Infernal Mines, Order of Knights, Ceremonial Fairground, Royal Slaughterhouse, Whaling Station, Crypt
- one new skirmish & multiplayer map
- fixed false warning when game looses net connectivity
- fixed rare desynchronisation issue
- fixed shortcuts in Mac-version
- fixed Facebook connect
- Players will now be informed if a player is lagging behind when loading a multiplayer session
- Players who are not responding for more that 45 seconds can now be kicked by vote
- Fixed a rare freeze when conquering a sector owned by another player or AI
- Fixed a non upgradeable tower on “Battle for Tanholm”
- Fixed a bug with a non reachable sector on “Grassland Mesa”
- Fixed a savegame issue on the 1st campaign map
- Fixed a bug with the game´s connection to Facebook
- Fixed a rare bug where the new victory points “Pacifist” and “Ascetic” were not awarded correctly
- Fixed a rare crash with corrupt savegames
The Settlers 7: Paths to a Kingdom gives gamers the opportunity to choose the best way to lead their kingdom to victory, in a rich environment set in middle-Europe during the early Renaissance.
The Settlers 7: Paths to a Kingdom brings a fresh, innovative design to the franchise, while reintroducing the strong game mechanics and deep gameplay that are hallmarks of the highly acclaimed Settlers series. Players will easily become engaged in an exciting campaign, skirmish maps or multi-player challenges in a world of lush forests, open meadows, fast flowing rivers, and high mountains.
- Rich gameplay mechanics: The deep building and production system allows gamers to expand their kingdoms village by village, sector by sector, optimizing their creation by fine tuning production chains and transport systems.
- Variety of gameplay: Gamers will be able to choose the best path to lead their kingdoms to victory around three main pillars:
- Military: by building strong armies and defeating opponents with shear military power.
- Technology: by being the first to develop new and beneficial technologies.
- Trade: by occupying the best trade routes to become the wealthiest player on the map.
- Depending on style of play, gamers will be able to unlock a variety of new and unique possibilities, changing the way they build their own kingdoms.
- All-new victory system: The new victory point system brings more tension and competition to the game. Victory points are awarded in many different ways depending on the choices gamers make throughout the evolution of their kingdoms.
- Online multiplayer: Gamers will be able to play online and face opponents in classic adversarial and co-op teamplay modes. Online features include user-generated and downloadable content, in-game feeds, and various leaderboards.
- A new graphic engine and improved AI: A brand-new graphic engine will let gamers experience the beauty of their kingdom in a never-before-seen level of detail. More than a dozen AI profiles, each with unique behaviors, will add enhanced variety to the game like never before.
- Build your own castle: Bring even more customization to your game as you assemble your castle from a wide range of styles, designs and architectural details. You and your friends can share your creations online.
- Social networking integration: Deep social networking integration with Facebook and Twitter) lets you bring your gaming experience to your social circle.
More articles about The Settlers 7: Paths to a Kingdom