Picking up where Section 8 left off, Prejudice reunites players with Captain Alex Corde and the 8th Armored Infantry, nicknamed Section 8 for their willingness to take on extremely dangerous missions. As they cope with the fallout of the war with the Arm of Orion, Corde’s squad pursues the last of the resistance only to discover a mysterious new threat powerful enough to shake humanity to its core.
In addition to a brand new and lengthier story-driven campaign, Prejudice delivers a one-of-a-kind multiplayer experience that gives players unprecedented tactical control over ever-changing team-based combat. Players have the ability to drop spawn on the battlefield wherever they choose, while multiple game modes and Dynamic Combat Missions ensure diverse gaming experiences. Gamers can also expect more than 50 customizable weapons, tools and upgrades for an even greater level of control in defining their own play style.
TimeGate Studios revealed an exclusive partnership with GameServers.com to provide dedicated server rentals for fans playing Section 8: Prejudiceon the Xbox Live Arcade.
Dedicated servers traditionally exist solely for the PC platform. PC players embrace dedicated servers because of players’ ability to host high-capacity servers, private sessions, configure game types, and generally customize their play experience and environment. Section 8: Prejudice is the first product on the Xbox 360 platform that allows players to run PC-hosted dedicated servers, allowing console players to enjoy the same high-performance, tailored dedicated server experience that PC platform players have enjoyed for many years.
“We’re excited to provide this feature to the Xbox 360 community,” said Adel Chaveleh, President of TimeGate Studios. “Players who rent dedicated servers from GameServers can customize their server so they can play with their clans and friends how and when they want. It’s all about giving more control to the player. Our partnership with GameServers helps us provide a quality service for Xbox gamers never seen before, and we’re proud to reveal this feature for Section 8: Prejudice in a manner that makes setup and management of a dedicated server a no-brainer.”
Beginning today, players are able to rent Xbox 360 servers that support up to 32 players for the Xbox 360 version of Section 8: Prejudice and fully configure it according to their preferences. Gamers can choose between “Ranked” and “Unranked” servers, customize any available features such as maps, game modes, difficulty levels, and gameplay settings, to name a few. Finally, all of these options are made easy to configure and manage via an automated web-based interface, greatly reducing the traditional barrier to entry of setting up a dedicated server.
- Play as Alex Corde and discover the sinister series of betrayals that now threaten humanity's survival in a 5-hour single-player campaign.
- Compete in various multiplayer modes with up to 32 players (40 on PC) in the strategic play of "Conquest."
- Team up in the new 4-player co-op “Swarm” game mode where FPS gaming meets Tower Defense.
- Strategically drop-spawn anywhere on the battlefield in real-time to assist allies or ambush enemies.
- Customize loadout weapons, ammo, and equipment to suit your play style.
- Call in deployables and vehicles when and where you need them to gain tactical advantages.
- Master true mobility with dropping, overdrive, and jetpacks to outmaneuver opponents.
- Complete a variety of Dynamic Combat Missions - from launching aerial strikes against fortified positions to securing crucial intel.
- Advance in rank and skill to access a devastating arsenal of over 60 weapon, equipment, and upgrade variants.
- Offline bot support for all game modes
- Dedicated Servers for all platforms, robust Stats Portal and Clan Management tools
Section 8: Prejudice will be available on PC, PSN and XBL for $14.99 or 1200 Microsoft Points.
More articles about Section 8: Prejudice