LEGO Universe brings the LEGO play experience online in the first MMOG – massively-multiplayer online game – created for LEGO fans of all ages. In LEGO Universe you will discover a world that sparks the imagination, full of opportunities to build, play and interact with LEGO fans from all over the globe. Build anything you can dream up, and help shape the constantly evolving LEGO Universe through adventure, exploration and battle in an original storyline.
As always, safety for children is the LEGO Group’s top priority. LEGO Universe is a great way for families to play together in a safe online environment, and is designed to foster creativity and social interaction in young children and veteran gamers alike.
LEGO Universe represents a collaboration between the LEGO Group and fans, who have been called upon to help shape the game world - from testing and contributing ideas, to building actual game content alongside professional developers.
On May 3, players must band together to tackle a cooperative building challenge; a month-long mission to complete the construction of the Nexus Tower. LEGO Universe will also add a fiery hot racetrack, exclusive racing vehicles and bigger Property worlds, with new capabilities – like placing pets on your personal Property and bringing them to life! All of this, plus tons of new models, missions, rewards and more, are headed to LEGO Universe next week.
It takes a village… to a raise Nexus Tower
An upcoming community building mission will have all minifigures in the LEGO Universe working together to help assemble the greatest in-game creation yet - Nexus Tower! Currently under construction, the Nexus Tower will protect the Nexus of Imagination from Maelstrom enemy forces upon completion.
To finish the Tower, the heroic Nexus Force needs help. Well, actually, they need more bricks! An urgent donation drive begins next week, and players will have one month to complete the task. Only a truly collaborative effort will make Nexus Tower a reality, to serve as a beacon of light and hope to minifigures across the LEGO Universe! The cause is nobler than ever, and the Nexus Force is calling on players to contribute bricks as soon as possible, before the Maelstrom snuffs out Imagination forever.
Throughout the month-long challenge, stop by Nimbus Station Race Place to drop off bricks at the Nexus Force donation machine. Generous donors will earn achievements and rare one-time-only rewards.
Hot new racetrack, cool new cars
Beginning next week, players can outrace the Maelstrom itself, on a fiery new racetrack – the most challenging yet in LEGO Universe! Players will venture deep within the dangerous, dragon-filled depths of Forbidden Valley to find the Dragonmaw Chasm racetrack, complete with a slew of new missions and some super-hot rewards. Skilled survivors can unlock new achievements, along with racecars like the Fire Brawl and Mach Lava.
Eight exclusive vehicles, coming to LEGO Universe next week, will give players a speedy new way to flaunt their Faction pride and get in the racing spirit this month! Designed in true Nexus Force fashion, the sleek new cars and rockets are representative of the four Factions found in LEGO Universe, including the powerful Sentinels, daring Venture League, creative Assembly and mysterious Paradox.
Property worlds: bigger, better, fuzzier
Two highly-anticipated Property updates are also major news this month, giving players more space to build and new ways to bring their creations – and pets - to life in LEGO Universe. A huge new Property world was just discovered in Nimbus Station, and will be accessible when Nimbus Isle debuts next week. For players who’s Block Yards are bursting at the brim, Nimbus Isle will offer well-welcomed, bigger building room, complete with remarkable LEGO ocean views.
And it gets better! Beginning next week, players will be able to place pets on their in-game Properties and bring them alive with behaviors. There’s no telling what amazing animal masterpieces the LEGO Universe will dream up, and players can draw even more inspiration from new Zoo and Safari-themed model sets, available next week from the model vendor in Nimbus Station.
- In LEGO Universe, players can build, explore, battle, make friends and express their creativity – all in an exciting online world of LEGO past, present and future. The game features several ways to utilize the iconic brick, from simple, gameplay-oriented building challenges to complex creative designs.
- Customize – Players customize their own Minifigure avatar to explore the LEGO Universe, expressing their personality or becoming someone entirely new. Numerous customization options allow for creativity and individuality.
- Socialize – Interact with LEGO fans from all over the world through in-depth community and social features, designed with children’s safety in mind.
- Play – LEGO Universe features a deep original storyline for players to explore, encountering new worlds and collaborating with other players to complete quests and achieve common goals.
- Build – The physical brick-building experience moves online with LEGO Universe. Exercising their creativity with LEGO bricks, players can bring their wildest creations to life with a user-friendly programming language
More articles about LEGO Universe