Civilization V takes this definitive strategy game series in new directions with the introduction of hexagon tiles allowing for deeper strategy, more realistic gameplay and stunning organic landscapes for players to explore as they expand their empire. The brand new engine orchestrates a spectacular visual experience that brings players closer to the Civ experience than ever, featuring fully animated leaders interacting with players from a screen-filling diplomatic scene and speaking in their native language for the first time. Wars between empires feel massive as armies dominate the landscape, and combat is more exciting and intense than ever before. The addition of ranged bombardment allows players to fire weapons from behind the front lines, challenging players to develop clever new strategies to guarantee victory on the battlefield. In addition to the new gameplay features debuting in Civilization V, an extensive suite of community, modding and multiplayer elements will also make an appearance.
The Civilization and Scenario Pack: Denmark – The Vikings and Explorers Map Pack enhance the addictive “just one turn” gameplay experience and are available for $4.99 each or together for $7.49 from select digital distribution partners on Tuesday, May 3, 2011.
Civilization and Scenario Pack: Denmark – The Vikings
The Denmark Civilization and Scenario Pack brings you both the Denmark Civilization and the new Scenario, 1066: Year of Viking Destiny, to further enhance your Civilization V experience. Rule the world as Harald Bluetooth, with your powerful Berserker warriors and Ski Infantry!
Scenario Description: In 1066: Year of Viking Destiny, the throne of England is up for grabs. Take the role of one of four leaders and seize control of the British Isles! Special rules for the scenario ensure that the only way to win is by the cunning use of force. Can you complete the Domesday Book and secure legal rule before your rivals? Use unique units for each faction in the scenario to claim the throne and stand the test of time!
Denmark Ruler – Harald Bluetooth: Harald Bluetooth (920 – 986 AD) was King of Denmark for nearly 30 years. During his reign, he united the earls of Denmark and Norway and defended his people from invasion from Sweden and Germany. Today he is viewed as a just and wise king of Denmark.
Explorers Map Pack
Ten fantastic single-player maps make up this Civilization V DLC pack designed by Firaxis Games. Five of the maps are based on real-world locations, chosen for their historical interest and gameplay possibilities. The remaining five are scripted map environments. These maps will change from game to game, but will focus on an exciting gameplay theme. From the arid Sandstorm to the lush Amazon, and from the Caribbean to the Bering Strait, these maps will give skillful Civilization V players new lands to conquer!
- Believable World: More than just a strategy game -- the expanded visuals and immersive audio invite would-be kings to take up the reigns of power and forge a mighty empire. Civilization V offers a limitless variety of vast, realistic and diverse landscapes for players to explore, battle over and claim as their own.
- Inviting Presentation: An intuitive interface eases both new players and Civ veterans into the game. Guided by a set of trusted advisers who will explain game functionality and provide counsel for significant decisions, even first-time players will be confident in the choices they make.
- Huge Battles: Combat is more exciting and engaging than ever before. Wars between empires feel massive with armies spreading across the landscape. The addition of ranged bombardment allows players to fire weapons from behind the front lines, challenging players to develop clever new strategies to guarantee victory on the battlefield.
- Live History: Write your own epic story each time you play! Choose one of eighteen historical civilizations to lead from the stone-age to the space age on your quest to build the world’s most powerful empire.
- Improved Diplomacy: Negotiate with some of history’s most cunning rulers, each with a well-crafted plan for victory. Successful diplomacy will depend on players carefully managing relationships with other leaders, trading items and land, plying them with gold, and deciding if they are friend or foe. City States will present a new diplomatic battleground on which the major powers of the world will vie for supremacy.
- In-Game Community Hub: Compete with Civ players from all over the globe via the Internet and Play by Email, or compete locally in Hotseat and LAN matches, offering endless ways to rule the world. The game itself now serves as the hub of community activity, featuring the ability to share scenarios, compare scores, brag about achievements and visit one of the thriving Civ fansites without leaving the game. It’s now easier than ever for players to become involved in the global Civ Community.
- Modability: With unprecedented modding tools, players will have unlimited options for modifying Civilization V any way they like.
More articles about Sid Meier's Civilization V