Picking up where Section 8 left off, Prejudice reunites players with Captain Alex Corde and the 8th Armored Infantry, nicknamed Section 8 for their willingness to take on extremely dangerous missions. As they cope with the fallout of the war with the Arm of Orion, Corde’s squad pursues the last of the resistance only to discover a mysterious new threat powerful enough to shake humanity to its core.
In addition to a brand new and lengthier story-driven campaign, Prejudice delivers a one-of-a-kind multiplayer experience that gives players unprecedented tactical control over ever-changing team-based combat. Players have the ability to drop spawn on the battlefield wherever they choose, while multiple game modes and Dynamic Combat Missions ensure diverse gaming experiences. Gamers can also expect more than 50 customizable weapons, tools and upgrades for an even greater level of control in defining their own play style.
TimeGate has put a lot of resources behind the launch and supporting the game post-release – more like an MMO than a $15 downloadable shooter – with a full internal live team, day-1 DLC and extensive future DLC plans, a massive Stats Portal, server scalability that saw them increase server capacity quickly over the weekend due to high demand, and constant improvements to the game via title updates.
Alongside the title update, TimeGate is addressing community feedback with hotfixes. Players can now participate in Ranked Swarm matches with only two players (previously four). Additionally, servers are more likely to try to put friends or Xbox LIVE Party members together during auto-balancing.
Detailed Fix List:
- Fixed a rare shader system crash that could occur randomly during gameplay
- Fixed a crash that could occur when signing out of LIVE when a message about downloading DLC was on-screen, then attempting to access the marketplace from the DLC message
- Fixed an issue where the game was not correctly upgrading from the Trial Version to the Full Game when logging in with a LIVE account that had previously purchased the game
- Improved visibility of the Loading screen Deploy button after map transition
- Fixed an issue where an inactive sign-in change would disconnect players from Prejudice Online
- Fixed an issue where custom match browser search options saved from a previous run of the game were not reflected in the UI on subsequent runs, even though the actual search options were saved correctly
- Added the ability to reconnect to Prejudice Online without resigning-in, by selecting the Stats button without a connection.
- Added improved Region and Language dedicated server options to help players join servers that are near their region and have players of the same language
- Fixed an issue where idle dedicated servers would get into a bad state after an extended period of time
- Added descriptive error message for when a dedicated server fails to launch due to requiring an update
- Fixed an issue where dedicated servers would sometimes not reconnect to the stats system properly
- Play as Alex Corde and discover the sinister series of betrayals that now threaten humanity's survival in a 5-hour single-player campaign.
- Compete in various multiplayer modes with up to 32 players (40 on PC) in the strategic play of "Conquest."
- Team up in the new 4-player co-op “Swarm” game mode where FPS gaming meets Tower Defense.
- Strategically drop-spawn anywhere on the battlefield in real-time to assist allies or ambush enemies.
- Customize loadout weapons, ammo, and equipment to suit your play style.
- Call in deployables and vehicles when and where you need them to gain tactical advantages.
- Master true mobility with dropping, overdrive, and jetpacks to outmaneuver opponents.
- Complete a variety of Dynamic Combat Missions - from launching aerial strikes against fortified positions to securing crucial intel.
- Advance in rank and skill to access a devastating arsenal of over 60 weapon, equipment, and upgrade variants.
- Offline bot support for all game modes
- Dedicated Servers for all platforms, robust Stats Portal and Clan Management tools
Section 8: Prejudice will be available on PC, PSN and XBL for $14.99 or 1200 Microsoft Points.
More articles about Section 8: Prejudice