Shift 2 Unleashed v1.01 Patch
- Common - Online - Catch Up Events - All users are prompted with the same message at the start of a catchup pack/catchup duel event
- Cars - Car wheels intersect or float in the air when the player uses wheels wirh a different diameter to the AI
- Online – Catch Up Modes – Once in-game there is no onscreen objective based message for either the fast car or the slower car/pack.
- VIP Rewards - SHIFT1 PC does not write the entitlement that SHIFT2 looks for correctly
- nline Modes - The host's car is not visible to at least one of the clients in an online lobby
- Online - Players cars are occasionally crashing during rolling starts before the player takes control
- Screen Transistion - Autolog - Player can momentarily get stuck within autolog when launching an event via the speedwall
- Front end - Loading screen - Speedwall - First lap of event sometimes not being recorded by total time resulting in unobtainable World and Regional times
- Cars/tracks - Visually the steering wheel when racing in cockpit views appears overly sensitive at the beginning of the turning circle
- Online - lobby timer - Lobby timer is not appearing to reset back to 1:45 for the client players after a host migration takes place. The new host does see the timer reset.
- Autolog - Speedwall - Erroneous speedwall times - Times can be set within and event which are unrealistic and unfeasible to acquire.
- Tracks - Drift - The last corner on Miami Park Drift track now gives more drift points
- Career - Drift – AI opponent scores are very hard to beat on Miami Park Drift in the last event in Drift Championship
- Camera initialization bug - Certain player views do not initialize correctly at race start
- Physics & Handling - Input lag/delay present on steering wheels
- Cars - McLaren MP4-12C - The Modern A Invitational event cannot be completed with Full Damage settings due to engine blowout
- Online - If a client joins a lobby at the 00:10 mark, he will be stuck in a technical hang in the lobby and the other players will be stuck in a loading screen technical hang
- Cars - Team Need for Speed Mazda RX-8 - The game can remain in a tech hang in the loading screen of events\races when the Team NFS Mazda RX-8 car is used.
- Common - Online – Catch Up Modes – Once in-game there is no onscreen objective based message for either the fast car or the slower car/pack.
- VIP - NFS Undercover VIP not awarded when playing shift 2
- Retail Only - Players stuck on a black screen at the start of offline events
- Photo Mode - Tech hang seen when taking photos in certain resolutions
- VIP - Hot Pursuit LE writes a different entitlement to SE, thus will not be picked up by Shift 2 VIP
In Shift 2: Unleashed, players’ hands sweat and ache as they clutch onto the controller, their pulse races from the break-neck speeds experienced through the first-person cockpit view. Shift 2 Unleashed pushes the envelope with the most authentic and intense racing experience in the genre. The world debut trailer of Shift 2 Unleashed was revealed today as bonus content for the action racing Need for Speed title, Need for Speed Hot Pursuit.
Shift 2: Unleashed also delivers the rush of an authentic driver's battle with exclusive access to 40 career events. Launching in Spring 2011, Shift 2: Unleashed is the perfect simulation complement to the action racer Need for Speed Hot Pursuit which introduced a simple yet brilliant rivalry-generating technology called Autolog. This groundbreaking network had been carried over to Shift 2: Unleashed, connecting friends in head-to-head races and comparing player stats for the ultimate social racing competition.
The 40 events include Single-Type race events where a driver's skill is pushed to the limits as each player competes in the same make of car; Old vs. New Challenge events in which classic cars go head-to-head against their modern counterparts; and Manufacturer Showdown events that pits some of the most iconic car rivalries against each other in an all-out-battle to prove which car is the best. Shift 2 Unleashed takes the revolutionary true driver's experience of the Shift franchise and ups the ante with an all-new rendering engine and graphics overhaul, innovative helmet camera, night racing, and authentic degradation of tracks and cars.
Shift 2 Unleashed features an all-new rendering engine with a massive graphics overhaul that puts the player in the heart of the racing action. With an innovative helmet camera view simulating the physical experience of driving at 200mph, the thrilling experience of night racing and authentic degradation of tracks and cars, thisis tomorrow’s sim for today’s adrenaline fueled racer. Shift 2 Unleashed also incorporates the next generation of Need for Speed Autolog – the groundbreaking network that connects friends for epic head-to-head races and compares player stats for the ultimate social racing competition.
More articles about Need for Speed: Shift 2 Unleashed