Play as a soldier in a war-torn post-apocalyptic landscape, modelled on modern cities, and take the fight to your enemies as armoured, assault or stealth infantry, using various weapons and loadouts to accomplish your objectives. The first person shooter action in Nuclear Dawn is hard, fast and unforgiving, with weapons that rely on skill and tactics more than on twitch reflexes and map memorization.
Then, take Nuclear Dawn above the action, and play as the commander. Organize your fellow players in squads, and assign them to tactical objectives. Plan the resource routes for your army, and production of your structures for forward deployment. Exploit the terrain and resource point locations to block your enemies’ tactical advance, and crush their plans in an iron fist. Research and implement new technology to give your soldiers the edge on the battlefield, and set up forward bases to lead the assault on your enemies, with full defensive and offensive structures to choose from and upgrade to build your perfect fortress.
Pre-orders will open sixty days before the release date, and players will be able to purchase the game as early as July 2011. Players who have pre-purchased the game will be automatically invited to the closed beta, and will be able to play Nuclear Dawn as early as August 2011.
- Two distinct factions, the Empire and the Consortium
- Four playable classes, plus the commander role
- 16 weapons across the various classes, and factions
- Each faction has a completely separate base-building paradigm, with different workflows and tech trees
- Upgrade weapons, buildings and classes with powerful Golden Age blueprints
- Build Doomsday weapons with pre-war technology that will give you the deadliest edge in battle
- Travel across the largest, most detailed maps built in Source multiplayer to date.
More articles about Nuclear Dawn