Set in the Might and Magic universe, Might and Magic Clash of Heroes is now coming on Playstation Network & Xbox Live incorporating role-playing elements, adventure, an innovative and dynamic combat system based on puzzle mechanics and new online features.
Might and Magic Clash of Heroes takes place 40 years before the Heroes V saga. Scattered across five different regions of Ashan, 5 special heroes must travel their own dangerous paths to grow in strength, unravel a demonic plot, and ultimately save the world from Chaos.
There’s two core components to Might & Magic Clash of Heroes: Battles and Adventure. Let’s take a bit of time to dive into each one. And what better way to do this than through a special video made just for PlayStation.Blog readers…
Battle gameplay is the heart and soul of the Clash of Heroes experience, combining turn-based strategy and puzzle gaming. In Clash of Heroes, you can grab units from the end of each column, and place them at the back of any new column – just like how you moved critters around with Biggs’ tongue in Critter Crunch! Go on the offensive by matching three of the same units vertically, or build defensive walls by matching three (or more) of the same units horizontally. That’s the meat of the battle system, but trust me, there’s tons of gravy. Rarer and more powerful units get added to the mix, bringing with them special attacks and abilities. Also in your magical toolbox of magic are Hero Spells, your hero’s special attacks that have different attributes, and when triggered at strategic times, can turn the tide of a battle.
Clash of Heroes may have puzzle roots, but players will need to start thinking ahead, watching their opponents, and formulating a strategy if they hope to stay alive on the battlefield–all while keeping their puzzle-y eyes sharpened for potential combos!
Battle may be the guts of Clash of Heroes, but it’s got some mean adventuring as well.
Clash of Heroes takes place across the varied lands of Ashan, and over the course of five campaigns, you’ll take five distinct young characters and mold them into heroes through the heat of battle. Lots of battles! While adventuring, you’ll meet tons of kooky characters, find chests full of loot and wind up facing off against enemies of all kinds, leveling up your hero in the process. You can power through the game’s main quests, or choose to stop along the way to take optional side-quests, or make some extra coin bounty hunting, or even solve some Critter Crunch-style puzzle-mode battles!
- Master unique and dynamic combat mechanics
- Art of Tactics: Create offensive or defensive unit formations, learn advanced combos and make the best of your spells and artifacts to build up the right strategy and overcome your enemies.
- Various challenges: Defeat the enemy heroes by crossing their armies in standard battles. Launch into special challenges and Boss fights where your strategic skills will be put to a severe test. Solve puzzle battles by finding the right combination and wipe-out the enemy in a limited number of turns.
- Unit management: Earn & hire units with different attributes and abilities to create your ultimate army combination.
- Heroes rising: Become more powerful after each battle by earning XP points and level-up you hero and its units.
- HD art, music & sounds: Enjoy the rich Might & Magic universe.
- Experience an epic adventure:
- Vibrantly detailed settings: Explore highly detailed maps full of knights, elves, wizards, necromancers and demons and interact with a unique manga style inspired environment.
- Prequel to M&M Heroes: Play the childhood of Heroes’ 5 main heroes: Anwen, Godric, Fiona, Aidan and Nadia.
- Traverse the fantasy world of Ashan: Recruit & level-up units, and discover hidden artefacts to build up the most powerful army.
- Online & Local 2 to 4 Players PVP & Coop Mode
- Multiple Heroes: Choose from 10 different characters, each one featuring unique spells and abilities.
- Build your own army: Select the best combination of creatures and artifacts to give you the strongest advantage on the battleground.
- Join a friend and face until two opponents in dynamic & strategic coop battles
More articles about Might & Magic: Clash of Heroes