Green Lantern: Rise of the Manhunters is inspired by the feature film, which brings the enduringly popular DC Comics super hero to the big screen for the first time and which stars Ryan Reynolds in the title role as Hal Jordan, the newest member of the Green Lantern Corps.
In a universe as vast as it is mysterious, a small but powerful force has existed for centuries. Protectors of peace and justice, they are called the Green Lantern Corps. A brotherhood of warriors sworn to keep intergalactic order, each Green Lantern wears a ring that grants him superpowers. But when a new enemy called Parallax threatens to destroy the balance of power in the Universe, their fate and the fate of Earth lie in the hands of their newest recruit, the first human ever selected: Hal Jordan.
The Nintendo 3DS version of the game is designed specifically to take advantage of the system’s stereoscopic 3D capabilities and deliver multi-plane graphics that delve players further into the Green Lantern universe.
Players on Xbox 360 and PS3 will be given the option to play in anaglyphic 3D with technology that is compatible with all standard and high definition TV sets and visible to players wearing the 3D glasses that will be available for the video game. Fans can also enjoy the game in stereoscopic 3D when playing on any 3D HDTV while wearing active shutter glasses that are compatible with the television.
- Enhanced Graphics and 3D Capabilities:
- The Nintendo 3DS version of the game is designed specifically to take advantage of the system’s stereoscopic 3D capabilities and delivers multi-plane graphics that delve players further into the Green Lantern universe.
- Xbox 360 and PS3 gamers can play in anaglyphic 3D with technology that is compatible with all standard TV sets and visible while wearing the 3D glasses that come packaged with the videogame product. Fans can also enjoy the game in stereoscopic 3D when playing on any 3D HDTV while wearing active shutter glasses that are compatible with the television.
- Master the Green Lantern Power Ring – Take control of the most powerful weapon in the universe – the Green Lantern Power Ring – and conjure a spectacular range of “hard-light” constructs including a gatling gun, giant fists, and much more, all of which can be linked together to form an endless number of combinations.
- Team Up and Battle Together – Gamers playing the Xbox 360 or PS3 versions will have the ability to team-up and battle the Manhunters in seamless drop-in/drop-out local co-op gameplay as Hal Jordan or Sinestro.
- Take Flight – Soaring across the universe in intergalactic flight, gamers will dodge past asteroids and blast through planets while destroying armies of Manhunters.
- Ryan Reynolds as Hal Jordan – Green Lantern: Rise of the Manhunters for Xbox and PS3 includes the likenesses and voice talent of Ryan Reynolds as Hal Jordan.
Green Lantern stars Ryan Reynolds in the title role, under the direction of Martin Campbell. Campbell directs the film from a screenplay by Greg Berlanti & Michael Green & Marc Guggenheim and Michael Goldenberg, story by Greg Berlanti & Michael Green & Marc Guggenheim, based upon characters appearing in comic books published by DC Comics. The film also stars Blake Lively, Peter Sarsgaard, Mark Strong, Jay O. Sanders, Temuera Morrison, Taika Waititi, Angela Bassett and Tim Robbins. Green Lantern is produced by Donald De Line and Greg Berlanti. Herbert W. Gains and Andrew Haas serve as executive producers. Geoff Johns and Lucienne Papon are co-producing. The film is scheduled for release in 3D and 2D Summer 2011, and will be distributed worldwide by Warner Bros. Pictures, a Warner Bros. Entertainment Company.
More articles about Green Lantern: Rise of the Manhunters