Take to the pitch with superstars like Real Madrid’s Kaká and Manchester United’s Wayne Rooney, and become a true marksman using all-new optional touch screen controls. Enjoy precision shooting by picking a spot precisely from the player’s viewpoint using the lower touch screen and then finessing a shot with pinpoint accuracy. Utilize touch screen controls on set pieces to draw a shot that curves the ball around, or even power it over the wall for the match-winning goal that lifts your club to victory.
“We challenged our development team to develop innovative features that would maximize the FIFA experience on 3DS. They delivered intuitive new touch screen controls and a curved pitch in our Street mode that truly brings the 3D elements to life,” said Matt Prior, Producer for FIFA 12 on Nintendo 3DS. “When you combine these features and many other innovations with all the authentic players and kits for the upcoming season, we are confident that this will be the best football game available on Nintendo 3DS.”
Whether fans choose to take to the pitch as a real-world superstar or re-create themselves in the first-ever 3D Street Football Mode, the environment will come alive through an innovative curved pitch and unique lower camera view that maximizes 3D planes, enabling gamers to experience the depth of the field and player movement with full 3D effects. Featuring players wearing the latest street gear, the stage will be set for epic 5 versus 5 matches in exotic street locales and indoor environments that are true to the spirit of street football. Plus, in Be A Pro Mode, fans will be able to take their created player on a journey from the streets to ultimately compete for their favourite club and national side and become the next football legend.
FIFA 12 on Nintendo 3DS will feature fully authentic 11 versus 11 gameplay, head-to-head online matches using Nintendo Wi-Fi Connection, Tournament Mode with over 50 real-world competitions, a full in-depth Career Mode that enables gamers to play or manage their way to glory, 3D Street Football, Be A Pro and a Training Mode.It also features nine different camera angles to choose from for the perfect view of the pitch.
- Unmatched Authenticity—Compete with over 500 officially licensed clubs in 11 versus 11 matches in authentic stadiums from around the world.
- Touch Screen Control—Optional new touch screen controls change the gameplay experience. Pick a spot precisely from the player’s viewpoint using the lower touch screen and then direct a shot past the keeper.
- Precision Accuracy—Utilize touch screen controls on set pieces to draw a shot that curves the ball around, or even power it over the wall for the match-winning goal that lifts your club to victory.
- 3D Street Football—The stage is set for epic 5 versus 5 street matches in the hottest locales around the world, everywhere from Brazil to the streets of France. Experience full 3D affects playing on a curved pitch utilizing a unique lower camera view that maximizes 3D planes, depth of the field and player movement.
- Be A Pro—Create yourself in game and become the next football legend. Begin the journey on the streets, build your reputation, and develop your skills to ultimately compete for your favourite club and national side.
- Career Mode—Play or manage your way to glory. Make strategic decisions as the manager of your club. Set a goal and succeed and your team will enjoy performance enhancements; fail and watch your team’s decline.
- Tournament Mode—Compete in over 50 real-world tournaments from around the world. Play with/against friends in leagues ranging from the Barclays Premiership, to the Bundesliga & MLS, and cup competitions like the FA Cup & the Coppa Nazionale.
- Head-to-Head Online—Play head-to-head online against a friend in authentic 11 versus 11 matches or 5 versus 5 street games using Nintendo Wi-Fi Connection.
- Training Mode—Master Touch Screen controls, perfect set pieces and practice moves before playing games.
- Multiple Camera Angles—Eight different camera angles to choose from for the perfect view of the pitch.
More articles about FIFA 12