Ready. Set. Dance. "Dance Central" will get you warmed up and dancing in no time with "Break it Down" and "Perform It!" You'll be introduced to some of the over 600 moves in the game, polish your performance, and put it all together to master the routine!
Pump up the volume. Featuring tracks from hot artists including Lady Gaga, No Doubt, M.I.A., Bell Biv Devoe, and more, you'll master more than 90 dance routines all created by professional choreographers. You may even recognize some of the moves from the song's music videos!
Burn up the dance floor — and calories. Whether you've had your dancing shoes on your entire life or this is your first time hitting the floor, "Dance Central" will have you dancing like a pro in no time.
Dance Central is a full-body, controller-free dance video game with fun choreography for beginners and experts. Whether rehearsing in Break It Down! or owning the dance floor in Perform It!, players will be introduced to more than 650 moves in the game and more than 90 dance routines created by professional choreographers. In addition, players can earn achievements; unlock new character outfits and venues and progress through the dance ranks. Dance Central even gives players a calorie-burning tracking option so they can turn all that fun into an actual workout. In Dance Battle, players can challenge friends to an epic living room showdown.
Completely free from any controller, every routine features fun choreography and authentic routines for beginners and experts alike of all ages to master, alongside a killer soundtrack that spans a great sampling of pop, funk, hip-hop, Latin and R&B artists, including Cascada, Kool & The Gang, Kylie Minogue, No Doubt, Salt-N-Pepa, Nelly Furtado, Christina Milian and more.
Dance Central DLC Additions for Xbox 360
“Fergalicious”, the second single from Fergie’s 2006 solo album, The Dutchess, will be available for Dance Central beginning tomorrow. The song was produced by and features will.i.am and even spawned the name for Fergie’s footwear line, which is called … you guessed it: Fergalicious.
“Informer”, the 1992 single from Canadian reggae musician Snow’s debut album, 12 Inches of Snow, will also be available tomorrow. The song reached No. 1 on the Billboard Hot 100 in the United States and No. 2 in the United Kingdom.
Rounding out this batch of Dance Central add-on content is “Lapdance” from the American band N.E.R.D.’s 2001 album, In Search Of… The song, which features Vita and Lee Harvey, was ranked in VH1’s 100 Greatest Songs of Hip Hop.
Available on Xbox 360 (May 17):
- Fergie feat. will.i.am – “Fergalicious”
- Snow – “Informer”
- N.E.R.D. (featuring Lee Harvey and Vita) – “Lapdance”
- 240 Microsoft Points per song
** Dates for Dance Central game tracks are tentative and subject to change. **
Dance Central full on-disc track list:
- Audio Push – “Teach Me How To Jerk”
- Basement Jaxx – “Rendez-vu”
- Beastie Boys – “Body Movin’ (Fatboy Slim Remix)”
- Beenie Man – “King Of The Dancehall”
- Bell Biv DeVoe – “Poison”
- Benny Benassi – “Satisfaction"
- Cascada – “Evacuate the Dancefloor”
- Christina Milian – “Dip It Low”
- The Commodores – “Brick House”
- Craig Mack – “Flava In Ya Ear (Remix)”
- Dirty Vegas – “Days Go By”
- Eric B. & Rakim – “Don’t Sweat the Technique”
- Fannypack – “Hey Mami”
- Jay Sean ft. Lil Wayne – “Down”
- Kool & The Gang – “Jungle Boogie”
- Kylie Minogue – “Can’t Get You Out of My Head”
- Lady Gaga – “Just Dance”
- Lady Gaga – “Poker Face”
- Lipps Inc – “Funky Town”
- M.I.A. – “Galang ‘05”
- Nelly Furtado – “Maneater”
- Nina Sky – “Move Ya Body”
- No Doubt – “Hella Good”
- Pitbull – “I Know You Want Me (Calle Ocho)”
- Quad City DJ’s – “C’mon N’ Ride It (The Train)”
- Rihanna – “Pon de Replay”
- Salt-N-Pepa – “Push It”
- Snoop Dogg/Pharrell – “Drop It Like It’s Hot”
- Soulja Boy Tell ‘Em – “Crank That (Soulja Boy)”
- Technotronic – “Pump Up the Jam”
- Wreckx-n-Effect – “Rump Shaker”
- Young MC – “Bust A Move”
(All tracks are original master recordings)
Dance Central will feature downloadable content at launch, each song will not only deliver fresh music, but also completely new routines that will keep dance parties going for months to come. Dance Central will be available for $49.99 (U.S.), £39.99 (UK) / €49.99 (EU)
More articles about Dance Central