The story takes place eighteen months after the events of Gears of War 2 and the loss of the human stronghold of Jacinto. Marcus, Baird, Dom and company continue their fight to save human civilization, as they battle the Locust and face new threats from within the planet throughout the campaign mode.
A new trailer for “Gears of War 3” premieres next Saturday, May 28 during two of the world’s biggest sporting events of the month.
This action-packed trailer offers a riveting look at the epic-scale campaign in the “Gears of War” trilogy finale, and debuts on May 28 during the Champions League Final Match at approximately 9:45 p.m. GMT around the world, and during Game 6 of the NBA Playoffs on TNT in the U.S.
Laced with explosive new gameplay, the pulse-pounding trailer offers a gripping preview of the enthralling cinematic story in “Gears of War 3,” as Marcus Fenix and his brothers-in-arms wage a desperate two-front war against the Locust and Lambent menace to save humanity.
- An enthralling cinematic story that captivates players in an intimately intense action game
- Five-on-five multiplayer experience as well as four player campaign co-op experience
- New multiplayer game modes including "Beast Mode" – offering a new twist to the game where you take on the role of the locust horde and their assorted variations!
- New maps including: Trenches which features an impressive sand storm that reduces your visibility, as well as Overpass, Mercy, Checkout, and Thrashball
- New weapons including: The Bayonet Charge, The Retro Lancer, The Sawed-off Shotgun, The OneShot – a heavy sniper rifle that shoots through shields or cover for a surprise one shot kill, The Incendiary Grenade, The Digger Launcher and a few subtle tweaks to old favorites Hammerburst and The Classic Lancer. Don't forget that each weapon now has its own execution move!
Stay tuned for more updates, and keep your eyes peeled for more news on the Official Multiplayer Public Beta coming soon!
More articles about Gears Of War 3