Call of Duty: Black Ops will take you behind enemy lines as a member of an elite special forces unit engaging in covert warfare, classified operations, and explosive conflicts across the globe. With access to exclusive weaponry and equipment, your actions will tip the balance during the most dangerous time period mankind has ever known.
Available on May 31, 2011, the limited edition PS3 Call of Duty: Black Ops Bundle includes a 160 GB PS3 system, Call of Duty: Black Ops on Blu-ray disc, plus Call of Duty: Black Ops First Strike Content Pack, all for $299.99 MSRP.
“PlayStation 3 delivers the ultimate high-definition entertainment experience, offering a built-in Blu-ray player, free online gaming through PlayStation Network and the premiere destination for stereoscopic 3D content,” said Scott A. Steinberg, vice president, product marketing, SCEA “Combining these features with the massive blockbuster that is Call of Duty: Black Ops, a title credited for having the biggest entertainment launch of all time, PlayStation and Activision, have put together an unrivaled entertainment offering for gamers.”
“The choice to bundle Call of Duty: Black Ops and the First Strike Content Pack with the PlayStation 3 is perfect for anyone looking to bring home an incredible entertainment experience, that delivers endless hours of excitement through the games epic single player campaign, hugely popular multiplayer on PlayStation Network, or our fan favorite co-op Zombies mode,” said Mark Lamia, Studio Head of Treyarch. “And for those with 3D enabled televisions, the game’s Campaign, Multiplayer and Zombies experiences are seamlessly set up for stereoscopic 3D on the PS3 right out of the box.”
- Wide array of play modes including single player, local multiplayer versus and online co-op and multiplayer
- Call of Duty’s signature multiplayer gameplay returns with new perks and killstreaks, deeper levels of character and weapon customization, and all new modes including:
- Wager Matches: One in the Chamber, Gun Game, Stick and Stones, Sharpshooter
- Theater Mode: View, record, and edit your favorite moments form multiplayer, and share with your friends
- Combat Training: Test your skills solo or Co-Op with friends against AI enemy players
- Seventh installment of the Call of Duty series, based on the live fire conflicts of the Cold War era
- Diverse variety of play setting ranging from urban air and ground combat in SE Asia, to snow combat in Soviet region and jungle combat
- Blending of traditional COD, and new first-person character scenarios designed to both retain the essence of the COD gaming experience and ensure constantly flowing and varied action
- New arsenal of weapons and vehicles tied to the Cold War era, including the SR-71 Blackbird and sited explosive-tipped crossbows
- Fan favorite Zombie mode is back providing endless hours of Zombie-slaying entertainment, solo or Co-Op
Call of Duty: Black Ops will be compatible with 3D-ready HDTVs and 3D PCs utilizing state-of-the-art active shutter 3D glasses, delivering true depth of field and an unprecedented level of immersion that is perfectly suited for the Call of Duty action experience. Call of Duty: Black Ops will be playable in both 3D and non-3D on the Xbox 360, PS3 and PC.
Call of Duty: Black Ops for PC is NVIDIA 3D Vision-Ready and supports stereoscopic 3D gaming using 3D Vision active-shutter glasses and NVIDIA GeForce GPUs, while on Xbox 360 and PS3 consoles, 3D features require a compatible 3D-ready HD TV.
Call of Duty: Black Ops is rated "M" (Mature - Blood, Drug, Reference, Intense Violence and Language) by the ESRB.
More articles about Call of Duty: Black Ops