The Rock Band 3 disc soundtrack contains 83 of the best bands from around the world, including bands that have never appeared in a music game, as well as support for existing Rock Band tracks (Rock Band and Rock Band 2 discs, downloaded songs, track packs, AC/DC Live: Rock Band Track Pack, LEGO Rock Band and Green Day: Rock Band).
Additionally, Rock Band 3 will give players immediate access to a music library approaching 2,000 songs by launch, with new content added regularly. Rock Band’s gigantic music selection dwarfs that of any other music game on the market.
Rock Band DLC Additions for Xbox 360, PS3 and Wii
Ozzy Osbourne’s career has spanned four decades, and his music is as relevant today as ever. On any given day, you can hear his music blasting at sporting events, in films, on the radio, in TV commercials, video games or on your MP3 player. Ozzy is not only a legend and an icon, but is a pioneer in his genre of music. He has helped open the door for countless bands, giving them their first break by taking them on tour or including them on the bill for Ozzfest, his all-day metal festival.
One of the most iconic figures in pop culture, Rock & Roll Hall of Fame inductee and Grammy winner Ozzy Osbourne has sold more than 100 million albums worldwide, approximately 50 million with his seminal metal band Black Sabbath and over 50 million more in his incredible 30 year career as a solo artist.
Next week, we’re expanding Ozzy’s Rock Band catalog with an eight-pack of songs celebrating the re-release of Blizzard of Ozz and Diary of A Madman. 2011 marks the 30th Anniversary of Blizzard of Ozz (U.S. release) and Diary of a Madman. Both landmark albums took metal in a new direction in the early 1980s, inspiring future generations of rock bands and fans. The new editions of these Hard Rock Masterpieces showcase Ozzy's musical collaborations with late guitar virtuoso Randy Rhoads. Both Blizzard of Ozz and Diary of a Madman have been restored and remastered from the original tapes for these definitive editions. The special 30th Anniversary Deluxe Collector's Box Set includes both albums on CD & Vinyl, "Ozzy Live" CD (previously unreleased live performances from the Blizzard of Ozz tour), "Thirty Years After The Blizzard" DVD Documentary, 100-page Coffee Table Book, Full-Size Detailed Replica of Ozzy's Iconic Cross and More. To preorder, please click here.
Ozzy Osbourne 8-Pack will include classics from this re-release, including “Mr. Crowley”, “Diary of a Madman” and “Over the Mountain”. Fans who purchase the pack will also be able to play “Bark at the Moon” and “Mama, I’m Coming Home”, both of which are only available as part of the pack, and both of which include built-in Pro Guitar/Bass upgrades.
As always, songs available as downloadable content for Rock Band 3 feature five-button guitar and bass parts, drums, Pro Drums, and keys, Pro Keys and harmonies, where applicable. Some songs also have optional feature Pro Guitar and Pro Bass upgrades available.
Available on Xbox 360, Wii and PS3 system (May 31):
- “Bark at the Moon” X (available only as part of the 8-pack)
- “Diary of a Madman”
- “Flying High Again”
- “I Don’t Know”
- “Mama, I’m Coming Home” X (available only as part of the 8-pack)
- “Mr. Crowley” X
- “Over the Mountain”
- “Steal Away (The Night)”
These tracks will be available for purchase as “Ozzy Osbourne 8-Pack” and as individual tracks on Xbox 360, PS3 system and Wii. Tracks marked with “X” have optional Pro Guitar and Pro Bass expansions available.
- $1.99 USD, £.99 UK, €1.49 EU (160 Microsoft Points) per song
- $2.00USD (200 Wii Points™) per song
- $13.49, £6.69 UK, €9.99 EU (1080 Microsoft Points, 1350 Wii Points) for Ozzy Osbourne 8-Pack
Without further ado, here is the entire, jaw-dropping Rock Band 3 setlist:
- Amy Winehouse, “Rehab”
- At the Drive-In, “One Armed Scissor”
- Avenged Sevenfold, “The Beast & the Harlot”
- Dover, “King George”
- The Bronx, “False Alarm”
- The Flaming Lips, “Yoshimi Battles the Pink Robots Pt. 1”
- HIM (His Infernal Majesty), “Killing Loneliness”
- Hypernova, “Viva La Resistance”
- Ida Maria, “Oh My God”*
- Juanes, “Me Enamora”
- Metric, “Combat Baby”*
- Paramore, “Misery Business”*
- Phoenix, “Lasso”*
- Poni Hoax, “Antibodies”
- Pretty Girls Make Graves, “Something Bigger, Something Brighter”
- Queens of the Stone Age, “No One Knows”
- The Ravonettes, “Last Dance”
- Rilo Kiley, “Portions for Foxes”*
- Riverboat Gamblers, “Don't Bury Me...I'm Still Not Dead”
- Slipknot, “Before I Forget”
- The Sounds, “Living in America”
- Tegan & Sara, “The Con”
- Them Crooked Vultures, “Dead End Friends”
- Tokio Hotel, “Humanoid”*
- The Vines, “Get Free”*
- The White Stripes, “The Hardest Button to Button”*
- Faith No More, “Midlife Crisis”*
- Filter, “Hey Man, Nice Shot”
- Jane’s Addiction, “Been Caught Stealing”*
- Maná, “Oye Mi Amor”
- Marilyn Manson, “The Beautiful People”
- The Muffs, “Outer Space”
- Phish, “Llama”
- Primus, “Jerry Was a Racecar Driver”
- Rammstein, “Du Hast”
- Smash Mouth, “Walkin’ On The Sun”*
- Spacehog, “In the Meantime”
- Stone Temple Pilots, “Plush”
- Swingin’ Utters, “This Bastard’s Life”
- Anthrax, “Caught in a Mosh”
- Big Country, “In a Big Country”
- The Cure, “Just Like Heaven”*
- Def Leppard, “Foolin’”
- Devo, “Whip It”
- Dio, “Rainbow in the Dark”
- Dire Straits, “Walk of Life”
- Echo & the Bunnymen, “The Killing Moon”
- Huey Lewis and the News, “The Power of Love”
- INXS, “Need You Tonight”*
- J. Geils Band, “Centerfold”
- Joan Jett, “I Love Rock N’ Roll”*
- Night Ranger, “Sister Christian”*
- Ozzy Osbourne, “Crazy Train”*
- The Police, “Don’t Stand So Close to Me”
- Roxette, “The Look”*
- The Smiths, “Stop Me if You Think You’ve Heard This One Before”
- Tears for Fears, “Everybody Wants to Rule the World”
- Whitesnake, “Here I Go Again”*
- The B-52’s, “Rock Lobster”*
- Blondie, “Heart of Glass”
- Bob Marley, “Get Up, Stand Up”
- Chicago, “25 or 6 to 4”
- Deep Purple, “Smoke on the Water”
- Doobie Brothers, “China Grove”*
- Elton John, “Saturday Night’s Alright for Fighting”
- Foreigner, “Cold As Ice”*
- Golden Earring, “Radar Love”
- John Lennon, “Imagine”
- Lynyrd Skynyrd, “Free Bird”
- Queen, “Bohemian Rhapsody”*
- Ramones, “I Wanna Be Sedated”
- Steve Miller Band, “Fly Like an Eagle”
- T. Rex, “20th Century Boy”
- Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers, “I Need to Know”
- War, “Low Rider”
- Warren Zevon, “Werewolves of London”
- Yes, “Roundabout”*
- Beach Boys, “Good Vibrations (Live)”
- David Bowie, “Space Oddity”
- The Doors, “Break on Through (To the Other Side)”*
- James Brown, “I Got You" (I Feel Good) – Alternate Studio Version*
- The Jimi Hendrix Experience, “Crosstown Traffic”*
- The Who, “I Can See for Miles”
*Songs available on Rock Band 3 for Nintendo DS
Rock Band 3 allows players to create and save setlists and share them with friends, both in-game and through RockBand.com. New song filters make it easier to find the types of songs fans want to play and hide the songs they don’t, while a built-in song recommendation system will suggest tracks from Rock Band’s colossal music library, based on personal fan preference.
In addition to guitar, bass, drums and solo vocals, Rock Band 3 adds three-part vocal harmonies that were introduced with The Beatles: Rock Band and, for the first time ever, a keyboard peripheral to the band. Up to seven players can rock together for the ultimate social gaming experience.
Rock Band 3 empowers players to develop actual musical skills through the fun of fully scalable Rock Band Pro gameplay. Fans can dive in on Easy to try out basic skills and work their way up to Expert for real mastery.
- Pro Drums supports three expansion cymbals, with gameplay differentiation between toms and cymbals.
- Pro Keys features pitch-accurate keyboard performance across a two-octave range, displayed on an easy-to-read keyboard track.
The Rock Band 3 Squier by Fender Stratocaster Guitar Controller is a fully functional, full-sized, electric guitar with strings that also functions as a game controller for Rock Band 3’s innovative Pro mode gameplay. Its revolutionary technology will allow gamers and music lovers around the world to experience the immediate joy of playing guitar through the fun and accessibility of Rock Band gameplay.
Rock Band Pro, which incorporates more realistic instrumental performance information into gameplay, including string and fret information on guitar, differentiated cymbal and tom notation for drums, and full pitch-accurate gameplay for keyboards. Rock Band Pro is available in all modes of Rock Band 3, and features tutorials and a variety of difficulties, including Easy, meaning that real instrument performance is within reach of any player, no matter their experience level.
The Rock Band 3 Squier Stratocaster uses technology built into the neck and fingerboard of the guitar to track finger positions in real time. The guitar also transmits strum data for the six individual strings, allowing the game to give feedback to players as they make the leap from rhythm game rocking to real world skills. Players can unplug from the fun of Rock Band 3 and plug directly into an amp to rock for real.
For the casual player, Rock Band 3 has great new party modes that allow fans to get rocking with friends quicker than ever, including party shuffle and persistent drop-in/drop-out and difficulty selection from any gameplay screen. For the serious player, the revamped Career Mode features 700+ goals and rewards and seamless leaderboard integration for an endlessly deep campaign experience. Rock Band 3 also adds a suite of social networking tools to the game so fans can engage friends and fellow rockers over Facebook, Twitter and more. Whether players want to jump in for a quick song or take their band to the top, Rock Band 3 has a mode for everyone.
Rock Band 3 will ship simultaneously worldwide and will be compatible with all Rock Band and The Beatles: Rock Band peripherals, as well as most third-party instrument and microphone controllers. Mad Catz is the official peripheral manufacturer and distributor for Rock Band game controllers.
Rock Band 3 will ship in North America for the Wii/PS3/Xbox 360 ($59.99), and NDS ( $29.99).
More articles about Rock Band 3