The House of the Dead: Overkill uncovers the ugly, terrifying, red hot secrets behind the House of the Dead; the daddy of all over-the-top shooters. While staying true to the classic gameplay this hugely successful SEGA series is getting a new retro look, with distinctive graphics, sound and attitude that will add to its horror cool status.
The House of the Dead: Overkill charges you with mowing down waves of infected, blood-thirsty zombies in a last-ditch effort to survive Bayou City and uncover the horrific truth behind the origins of the House of the Dead.
Survival horror as it’s never been seen before! A pulp-style take on the classic SEGA light-gun shooter series. Back when the famous Agent G was still fresh out of the academy, he teamed up with hard-boiled bad-ass Agent Washington to investigate stories of mysterious disappearances in small-town Louisiana. Little did they know what blood-soaked mutant horror would await them in the streets and swamps of Bayou City.
The House of the Dead: Overkill - Extended Cut is presented for the first time in full HD with 3D support, PlayStation Move compatibility, all seven stages of the original re-mastered and with two brand new scenarios added, the ‘baddest’ just got bigger!
Using a host of weapons, watch your back as mutants go mad for blood! Blast bloody pieces out of their wretched bodies to save you and a friend’s life as you work to uncover the mystery behind the outbreak. New goodies like PlayStation trophies, new game modes and new content are outnumbered by only one thing: Bullets. Will you defeat everything this freakish nightmare town throws at you or will you become mutant chowder?>
“The House of the Dead: Overkill – Extended Cut for the PS3 will send players to the shrieking mad heart of mutant mayhem. This time we went further, faster and bloodier than before. We extended everything, even the title.” – Said Gary Knight of SEGA.
Experience 3D so real, you’ll still be crying late into the night and Move support so moving, you’ll place every shot right between the eyes!
- Pulp Funk Horror: Zombie cool, one of the most popular shooter classics injected with a whole new retro b-movie look.
- An utterly in-your-face zombie-dismembering blast: Non-stop light-gun style action on Wii, blow apart zombies for high-score thrills.
- Superb co-op action on Wii: Bring a friend and play the game as intended in your own buddy action movie as two of the meanest characters in video gaming.
- Relentless, gore-drenched, over-the-top action: Only the coolest, most cold-hearted agent’s going to keep his head against the zombie flood. Use “Slow-Mofo Time” to make the perfect head-popping shot and “Evil Eye” to spot moments of opportunity that’ll send the whole environment up in flames.
- Wiimote reactions: Get knee-deep in the dead with motion-sensitive Wii-controls. Shuck a shotgun and when the zombies get too close, pistol whip jaws off or cave some heads in with the stock of your pump-action – all in stomach-churning close-up.
More articles about The House of the Dead: Overkill