When the massive Terraformer that supplies Mars with its Earth-like air and weather is destroyed, the atmosphere turns to chaos, super-tornados and lightning storms engulf the planet. To survive, the Colonists flee to the underground mines and build a network of habitable caves.
Five years later, Darius Mason, grandson of Martian Revolution heroes Alec Mason and Samanya, runs a lucrative business from Bastion, underground hub of Colonist activity. Mining, scavenging, mercenary work--if the job is dangerous, Darius is your man. Few sane people now venture to the ravaged surface, aside from contractors like Darius and the smugglers who run goods between the settlements.
When Darius is tricked into reopening a mysterious shaft in an old Marauder temple, he releases a long-dormant evil and unleashes Armageddon on Mars. As Colonist and Marauder settlements are torn asunder, only Darius and the Red Faction can save mankind. The battle will take them across the storm-blasted planet... and below it, to the very heart of the unspeakable threat.
From the studio that brought you the Ostrich Hammer and the purple sex-toy bludgeon, Volition unveils its next weapon of crass destruction: Mr. Toots! A miniature magical unicorn so powerful it lays entire cities to waste, Mr. Toots farts joyous rainbows of pure devastation. Never before has hyper-colored flatulence wrought such destruction, and, for the colonists of Mars in Red Faction: Armageddon, inspiration.
With 1 million downloads of the Red Faction: Armageddon demo, available today for the PS3 and the Xbox 360, Volition shall unleash Mr. Toots as a playable weapon in Red Faction: Armageddon. With Mr. Toots at your side, force your enemies to taste the rainbow… the rainbow of pain.
- Hell on Mars - Darius Mason can only watch as the surface of Mars is destroyed. Seeking solace underground, an even greater threat emerges against humanity.
- Nano Forge - Unleash the devastating force of the Nano Forge with concussive blasts, core-shattering tremblers, and bone-crushing rhino charges.
- Extermination Mode - Four players can team up online to battle back the relentless tide of attackers as the mysteries of the ancient threat continue to unfold.
- Full Destruction - Tear down separatist outposts, rip apart alien monoliths, and reconstruct colonist defenses with Geo Mod 2.0, the most advanced real-time destruction engine to date.
- Fight for Survival - Free colonists from alien cocoons, reclaim cultist fortifications on the surface, and hunt for artifacts deep within alien hives to create unthinkable advanced weaponry.
Red Faction: Armageddon, rated for M for Mature, will be available for $59.99.
More articles about Red Faction: Armageddon