This expansion was created by the community for the community and is completely free to anyone who has Military History: Commander - Europe at War!
This expansion has taken years to produce and thousands of man hours from a dedicated collection of people from artists to programmers, manual writers and layout experts. The end result takes this great game to a whole new level.
Some of the biggest changes are listed here:
- Airborne divisions and para-drops
- Cross platform multiplayer support for PC vs. Mac
- German SS and Soviet Guards Elite Units
- Amphibious landings against defended coastal hexes
- Geo-political elements, which include:
- French armistice (which the axis may accept or reject)
- Early Italian entry if insufficient allied naval presence in the Med
- Tension in the Balkans
- Spanish activation as axis or allied minor ally
- Turkey activation as axis or allied minor ally
- Finnish armistice
- Romanian and Bulgaria surrender and activation as allied minor ally
- Consequences for allied aggression (e.g., UK invasion of Ireland).
- Canadian, Australian, Polish and Indian Commonwealth units and leaders
- Headquarter units
- More and greater variability of leadership ranging from Army Groups (Fronts), Armies and Corps
- Ferry crossings
- Ability to swap positions of two units of the same service type (i.e., ground, air or naval).
- Reinforcement of sub groups at sea
- Leased air bases (Azores, Iceland, Greenland)
- Malta naval and air bases factor into the interdiction and counter-interdiction of axis supply of North Africa
- Allied Interdiction of Swedish Iron Ore to German
- Scripted construction of Atlantic Wall Fortresses
- Many more improvements - too many to list to here!
More articles about Commander: Europe at War