When the massive Terraformer that supplies Mars with its Earth-like air and weather is destroyed, the atmosphere turns to chaos, super-tornados and lightning storms engulf the planet. To survive, the Colonists flee to the underground mines and build a network of habitable caves.
Five years later, Darius Mason, grandson of Martian Revolution heroes Alec Mason and Samanya, runs a lucrative business from Bastion, underground hub of Colonist activity. Mining, scavenging, mercenary work--if the job is dangerous, Darius is your man. Few sane people now venture to the ravaged surface, aside from contractors like Darius and the smugglers who run goods between the settlements.
When Darius is tricked into reopening a mysterious shaft in an old Marauder temple, he releases a long-dormant evil and unleashes Armageddon on Mars. As Colonist and Marauder settlements are torn asunder, only Darius and the Red Faction can save mankind. The battle will take them across the storm-blasted planet... and below it, to the very heart of the unspeakable threat.
Red Faction: Armageddon will launch on the OnLive platform day and date to the North American release beginning at 12:01 a.m. (EDT) on June 7.
A free OnLive Game System and free Red Faction: Guerilla are available instantly with each pre-order of the spine-tingling thriller in an exclusive promotional offer.
OnLive members enjoy immediate and seamless access to OnLive’s constantly expanding list of titles with over 50 individual games—including Red Faction: Armageddon and its predecessor Red Faction: Guerilla and a growing library of great games in OnLive’s all-you-can-play PlayPack bundle. The game will be available on TVs via the OnLive Game System and on nearly any Mac or PC via OnLive’s instant-play service.
“Following the success of Homefront on the OnLive platform, we’re excited to also bring the next installment of the Red Faction series to this instant-play service,” said Danny Bilson, THQ Executive Vice President, Core Games. “Red Faction: Armageddon is all about incredible weaponry and explosive destruction, and OnLive’s innovative technology is a natural complement and great home for this new game. We can’t wait for people to blow the entire world apart in the OnLive Arena.”
Red Faction: Armageddon supports OnLive’s latest exclusive social gaming enhancements including automatic Brag Clip video recording to capture key in-game Achievements and Spectator Voice Chat giving gamers the ability to watch, talk and cheer other players live in OnLive’s one-of-a-kind massive spectating Arena.
“One of the first OnLive launch titles, Red Faction: Guerrilla has remained within our top sellers for the past 10 months,” said OnLive VP of Games & Media John Spinale. “With the newest installment of THQ’s popular franchise available on the OnLive platform on the same day-and-date with disc-based distribution, we give the legions of Red Faction fans instant access to this sought-after game on their PC, Mac and TV with no lines at the stores, no delivery charge and no downloads.”
- Hell on Mars - Darius Mason can only watch as the surface of Mars is destroyed. Seeking solace underground, an even greater threat emerges against humanity.
- Nano Forge - Unleash the devastating force of the Nano Forge with concussive blasts, core-shattering tremblers, and bone-crushing rhino charges.
- Extermination Mode - Four players can team up online to battle back the relentless tide of attackers as the mysteries of the ancient threat continue to unfold.
- Full Destruction - Tear down separatist outposts, rip apart alien monoliths, and reconstruct colonist defenses with Geo Mod 2.0, the most advanced real-time destruction engine to date.
- Fight for Survival - Free colonists from alien cocoons, reclaim cultist fortifications on the surface, and hunt for artifacts deep within alien hives to create unthinkable advanced weaponry.
Red Faction: Armageddon, rated for M for Mature, will be available for $59.99.
More articles about Red Faction: Armageddon