Call of Duty: Black Ops will take you behind enemy lines as a member of an elite special forces unit engaging in covert warfare, classified operations, and explosive conflicts across the globe. With access to exclusive weaponry and equipment, your actions will tip the balance during the most dangerous time period mankind has ever known.
To celebrate their 10 millionth Facebook fan milestone, Treyarch is hosting a Double XP multiplayer weekend starting now and extending it through 8:00am Pacific, Tuesday, May 10. Anyone playing in multiplayer matches of Call of Duty: Black Ops will earn double XP rewards and level up.
- Wide array of play modes including single player, local multiplayer versus and online co-op and multiplayer
- Call of Duty’s signature multiplayer gameplay returns with new perks and killstreaks, deeper levels of character and weapon customization, and all new modes including:
- Wager Matches: One in the Chamber, Gun Game, Stick and Stones, Sharpshooter
- Theater Mode: View, record, and edit your favorite moments form multiplayer, and share with your friends
- Combat Training: Test your skills solo or Co-Op with friends against AI enemy players
- Seventh installment of the Call of Duty series, based on the live fire conflicts of the Cold War era
- Diverse variety of play setting ranging from urban air and ground combat in SE Asia, to snow combat in Soviet region and jungle combat
- Blending of traditional COD, and new first-person character scenarios designed to both retain the essence of the COD gaming experience and ensure constantly flowing and varied action
- New arsenal of weapons and vehicles tied to the Cold War era, including the SR-71 Blackbird and sited explosive-tipped crossbows
- Fan favorite Zombie mode is back providing endless hours of Zombie-slaying entertainment, solo or Co-Op
Call of Duty: Black Ops will be compatible with 3D-ready HDTVs and 3D PCs utilizing state-of-the-art active shutter 3D glasses, delivering true depth of field and an unprecedented level of immersion that is perfectly suited for the Call of Duty action experience. Call of Duty: Black Ops will be playable in both 3D and non-3D on the Xbox 360, PS3 and PC.
Call of Duty: Black Ops for PC is NVIDIA 3D Vision-Ready and supports stereoscopic 3D gaming using 3D Vision active-shutter glasses and NVIDIA GeForce GPUs, while on Xbox 360 and PS3 consoles, 3D features require a compatible 3D-ready HD TV.
Call of Duty: Black Ops is rated "M" (Mature - Blood, Drug, Reference, Intense Violence and Language) by the ESRB.
More articles about Call of Duty: Black Ops