World of Planes offers a highly detailed and personalized aviation experience, giving players access to hundreds of historically accurate planes with detailed cockpits, dozens of upgradeable weapons, and flying skills that can be honed and improved with each mission. Thanks to the game’s painstaking attention to detail, you’ll truly feel like a World War II fighter pilot as you plunge into battle.
The genuine World War II experience isn’t limited to the skies. World of Planes also exposes players to combat on land and at sea. The game’s co-op features include collaborative missions with allies as well as intense battles against enemy forces.
- Subscription free!: World of Planes is a subscription free online game with the same vast possibilities for any players. The MMO experience draws upon multiple genres, from action games and shooters to flight simulators and strategy games. Every player will find something different in World of Planes.
- See the world unfold before your eyes: Experience detailed recreations of actual World War II combat locations from a stunning bird’s eye vantage point. Satellite pictures of today’s earth were used in conjunction with 1940s maps to create a detailed and historically accurate landscape.
- Relive history with detailed and accurate machines: Choose among hundreds of World War II era aircraft from Allied and Axis countries including Germany, the USSR, Great Britain, Japan, and the USA. Each plane has a realistic appearance, accurate flight performance, and a functional and detailed cockpit. Of course, battles aren’t restricted to the sky; down below you’ll see tanks, vehicles, artillery, ships, and even infantry.
- Choose your side and build your power: Create your own clans, make alliances, fight against one another, or perform tasks together. Choose wisely—tactics and strategy can be even more important than firepower and piloting skills.
- Realistic damage: Unique simulation technology allows for visible damage, from small scratches in the airplane’s skin to massive engine damage. Harm is specific to the type of weapon used, the force and angle at which a projectile hit, and many other factors.
- The highest possible graphical detail: Detailed graphics allow for millions of land targets within visual range, dynamic changes in weather conditions and time of day, realistic atmospheric and cloud calculations, precise landscapes and ground equipment—all combining on your screen to create an immersive and lifelike simulation. World of Planes provides high-quality graphics even on low-end computers, with high-end machines displaying a stunning level of detail and realism.
- Become a true flying ace: With Global Career Mode, all of your experience and technique will evolve and modernize as you work your way to the top. Starting from scratch, you can achieve the expertise of a true flying ace, with new gameplay opportunities arising as your reputation and skills improve. Perform personal challenges, uncover unique achievements, receive special medals and decorations, and enjoy the highest titles and ranks.
Registered owners of “Wings of Prey” will get access to the Beta automatically. New players can sign up here, the beta test begins in nearest future (to be announced later).
More articles about War Thunder