XBLAFans met with Lexis Numerique, where it was revealed that Amy, previously PSN exclusive, is also coming to Xbox Live Arcade.
The game takes place in December 2034 when the gradual effects of global warming have spread diseases and natural disasters around the world. Amid this bleak scenario, the small town of Silver City in the USA’s Midwest suffers a near cataclysmic incident when it is stuck by an unidentified ‘comet’ from outer space. When lead character Lana regains consciousness, her world has descended into mayhem. Violent outbursts, fury, rage, wreckage and death; the world she knew seems to have become a living hell. As if struck by a mysterious virus, most of the people she once knew have now become part of a wild horde. Despite her wounds, Lana must run as far as possible to escape this nightmare. The viral process has also begun inside her but she refuses to become one of them. The presence of Amy, an enigmatic eight-year-old autistic girl with strange powers, who seems defenseless, will force her to make choices that will change both their lives. Both Lana and Amy will have to trust and help each other to escape various pursuers who take the form of infected humans, grisly creatures, military Special Forces and even other survivors.
In AMY players will discover a unique and absorbing gameplay experience that features extensive cooperation with a supporting character. Taking the role of Lana, players will quickly learn that Amy is neither a specialized warrior nor a docile following character. Players will be able to use her small size and weight to reach inaccessible areas, ask her to do specific actions and utilize her mysterious ‘gifts’. But first and foremost, Amy’s trust will need to be won, perhaps even by putting Lana’s life on the line.
This is a story-driven, survival horror game set in a close and tense atmosphere. AMY is based on a rich, addictive and twisted story-based scenario. Strong emphasis has been put in to the characters’ backgrounds and behavior but also on audio, sound design and a very unique use of camera settings to create emotion. AMY is one of the first games on PlayStation Network to employ a level of detailed rendering, modeling and motion capture animation hitherto expected only from fully boxed product. The game offers an original stealth-action gameplay mix that does include fierce close combat, albeit sparingly. Lana and Amy are for the most part considerably weaker than their enemies, and tactical approaches to enemy encounters can often offer the most suitable solutions. As Lana has become infected by the virus, she too will mutate when exposed too long and will eventually die if not cured or protected by one of Amy’s special powers. But when displaying more viable infection, Lana can lure enemies and move amongst other infected without being attacked.
- Unique & deep gameplay that features extensive cooperation with a character to be protected: Contrary to several games with a secondary character, Amy (the child you have to protect) is neither a super warrior nor a docile character that follows you. You are able to use her small size and weight to reach inaccessible areas, ask her to do specific actions and you’ll even be able to use her mysterious gifts. But she will need to trust you and you might accept to get hurt to keep her safe.
- Story-driven survival horror game set in a cinematographic atmosphere: Amy is based on a rich, addictive and twisted story-based scenario. Strong efforts have been put on the characters backgrounds and behaviors but also on audio, sound design and a very unique use of camera setting to create emotion
- Original stealth-action gameplay that includes fierce close combat: Lana and Amy are often weaker than their enemies. You can choose to confront them directly by using improvised weapons for close combat. You can run or try to push them away but you can also use hiding places and prefer stealth action. Lana being infected by the virus, she mutates when exposed too long and end up dying if not cured or protected by one of Amy’s special powers. But when infected, Lana can lure her enemies and move without being attacked.
- Wide range of enemies with strong AI: Lana and Amy are facing various kinds of enemies that can detect sounds, heat, movements and much move. They also can act in hordes and exchange information. Some groups of enemies being aggressive to each other, you can try to escape by triggering a fight between them.
- Rarely seen before quality of graphics and animation on PlayStation®Network: Amy might be one the first games on PlayStation®Network with such a level of rendering detailed modeling and motion capture animation.
- Puzzles to unravel arching storyline: Running, hiding and fighting are core elements of the gameplay. However, you’ll sometimes need to use your wit to get out of delicate situations.
More articles about Amy