The story takes place eighteen months after the events of Gears of War 2 and the loss of the human stronghold of Jacinto. Marcus, Baird, Dom and company continue their fight to save human civilization, as they battle the Locust and face new threats from within the planet throughout the campaign mode.
The multiplayer mode that set a new standard for cooperative multiplayer gameplay is back and bolder than ever as Horde mode returns to “Gears of War 3.” Today Microsoft and Epic Games released a tutorial video that takes fans through a first look at the upgrades in Horde 2.0.
Narrated by COG dispatcher-turned-soldier, Anya Stroud, the video briefs players on the new features they’ll find in Horde 2.0 when “Gears of War 3” launches, complete with details on the deeper player progression system, new currency system, the building of fortifications, the addition of boss battles, and more.
To test your Horde teamwork skills Xbox is collaborating with Walmart in the United States for the Gamecenter Mobile Tour and traveling around the US in a decked-out semi-truck, bringing fans the opportunity to play “Gears 3” and experience Horde 2.0 before the game’s September launch. The tour kicks off this week with an early stop in Dallas, TX at the Van’s Warped Tour on June 24. Additional dates and locations can be found here.
- An enthralling cinematic story that captivates players in an intimately intense action game
- Five-on-five multiplayer experience as well as four player campaign co-op experience
- New multiplayer game modes including "Beast Mode" – offering a new twist to the game where you take on the role of the locust horde and their assorted variations!
- New maps including: Trenches which features an impressive sand storm that reduces your visibility, as well as Overpass, Mercy, Checkout, and Thrashball
- New weapons including: The Bayonet Charge, The Retro Lancer, The Sawed-off Shotgun, The OneShot – a heavy sniper rifle that shoots through shields or cover for a surprise one shot kill, The Incendiary Grenade, The Digger Launcher and a few subtle tweaks to old favorites Hammerburst and The Classic Lancer. Don't forget that each weapon now has its own execution move!
Stay tuned for more updates, and keep your eyes peeled for more news on the Official Multiplayer Public Beta coming soon!
More articles about Gears Of War 3