- Added Contact Shadows
- Added DX11 benchmark level
- Added DX11 support for Crysis 2 (the following features only work when downloading the optional DX11 package):
- Tessellation + Displacement Mapping
- High Quality HDR Motion Blur
- Realistic Shadows with Variable Penumbra
- Sprite Based Bokeh Depth of Field
- Parallax Occlusion Mapping
- Particles Motion Blur, Shadows and Art Updates
- Water Rendering improvements and using Tessellation + Displacement Mapping
- Added Realtime Local Reflections
- Added support for Higher Res Textures Package
- Added various new console variables to whitelist
- Fixed bullet penetration, which had been broken by a bug introduced with the DLC 2 patch
- Fixed issue in MP where player stats weren't always saved at the end of a game
- Fixed issue in MP where player stats would sometimes randomly reset
- Fixed issue with MP time played statistic, which would sometimes be too low on leaderboards and in stats
- Fixed issue with JAW rocket not firing through window's containing broken glass
- Fixed rare issue where a user could not access MP with a valid CD key if they had previously used an invalid CD key
- Improved advanced graphics options menu
- Improved anti-cheat measurements: fixed exploit which could prevent vote kicking working against a user
- Improved multi-GPU support
- Improved Tone Mapping
- Re-added possibility to enable r_StereoSupportAMD via config file (unsupported)
• Added advanced graphics options
• Added F1 to vote during vote kicks
• Prematch mode for ranked servers added allowing people to fight on the map until sufficient players have joined for the ranked play to start
• Upped the default score limits in some game modes:
• - Crash Site has a limit of 175 (was 150)
• - Team Instant Action has a limit of 75 (was 50)
• - Instant Action has a limit of 30 (was 25)
• Fixed vote kicking not working for players with certain characters in their name
• Fixed ping display displaying 1000 for many servers in the PC server browser
• Fixed issue where terrain would be rendered in black on some levels
• Fixed single player save games with broken nano catalyst values (NB: This is for existing save games!)
• Fixed under-barrel attachment HUD displaying incorrectly
• Fixed minor 'Loadout Pro' exploit
• Fixed issue with being melee'd during a ledge grab (which could lead to fly exploits)
• Fixed some AI spawning issues in single player
• Fixed rare crash in single player
• Fixed an audio loop issue on the single player level "Semper Fi"
• Fixed an issue with the DLC store which could lead to players not being able to access the purchase history tab. Players can now access this tab, and from there download their DLC straight into their game and have it auto installed for them
• Fixed other cosmetic issues in the DLC store
• Fixed Light Shotgun attachment skill assessment not being levelled up
• Optimization to SSAO
• Further Anti cheat improvements
• Tweaked in-game audio dialogue (player taunts, announcements, etc) to be more diverse with more content for more events
• Mystery dog tags unlocked whilst not connected to a server will now remain unlocked
• Players that have rebooted will no longer be able to enter "New Recruits" servers
• Balance changes to a variety of weapons, including:
• - JAW rocket speed and damage reduced
• - Under-barrel shotgun effectiveness reduced
• - Removed accuracy bonus for crouching with HMG
• - Increased K-Volt damage
• Balance changes to a variety of nanosuit modules, including:
• - Reduced the bonus that extended mags provides
• - Point fire enhance has improved effectiveness
• - Mobility Enhance has reduced effectiveness
• Balance change to Maximum Suit's armour: effectiveness has been slightly reduced
• Balance change to headshot damage from 1.8x to 1.5x
- Vote-kicking feature added.
- Added a reserved slot system for server admins.
- Further improvements to anti-cheat measures.
- Objectives are returned if they end up in forbidden areas.
- Fix for Nanosuit Modules that could not be leveled in some circumstances.
- Fix for some instances of errors logging into multiplayer that would report "Could not connect to Gamespy".
- Fix for unlock tokens failing to be awarded if a player quit a game in which they leveled up before the end of the round.
- Fix for inconsistencies with weapon zooming.
- Fix for outdated stats being saved when a client leaves mid-game.
- Fixes to the Nanosuit Reboot option available at level 50.
- Fixed several weapon exploits.
- Fixed a rare issue where auto-aim, stealth kill and grab would not work on an AI.
- Reduced memory footprint of sound.
- Optimized full screen effects on some graphics cards.
- Optimized SSAO on some graphics cards.
- Further improved anti-cheat measures
- Fix for spurious characters appearing when initiating text chat
- Fix for Chatlog doesn't disappear after kill cam
- Fixed occasional login issues
- Changed VOIP defaults
- Fixed some UI aspect issues on multiple monitors
- Added option for crouch toggle in MP & SP
- Fixed a bug where players lost Nano Catalyst points after restarting the game
- Filter settings in server browser are now retained
- Default player count required to start a game from the lobby lowered to 4
- Fixed issue related to “Deleting Reference Counted Object Twice” error that appeared for some users with strict router/firewall settings
- Fixed issue of not being able to melee after dying
- Fixed issue where some video cards were being stated as unsupported ("Nano catalyst bug")
- Server Browser shows incorrect pings - Fixed
- Some matches never initiate - Fixed
- Faster text chat - As speedy as can be
- Console re-enabled - Console has been re-activated
- Cheat detection - Now in place to ensure all users are on a level playing field
- Fix USB headset issues – Current issues have been addressed and fixed
- Fix hologram icon staying on screen after being used - Fixed
- Remove Auto Aim - This has now been completely removed due to overwhelming community feedback
Surrounded by devastation, players must assess the situations they encounter, adapt to this urban jungle and use the weapons and powers given solely to them to save New York. Morgan enters this distressed world and brings it to life with gritty characters, a rich back-story and plot twists rarely found in video games.
In Crysis 2, the aliens have returned with a full invasion force bent on nothing less than the total annihilation of mankind. In New York, terrifying alien invaders stalk the streets and a nightmare plague strikes down the city’s myriad inhabitants with brutal epidemic speed. The city’s systems are in chaos, its streets and skyline are smashed and in flaming ruin. Neither paramilitary law enforcement nor the might of the US military machine can stand against the invaders, and all who choose not to flee are dead men walking. Just to survive in this maelstrom of death will require technology beyond anything any modern soldier has ever seen. One man will inherit that means to survive. You alone must wield the combat technology of Nanosuit 2, and make the last stand to save humanity from destruction in the urban jungle that is New York City.
More articles about Crysis 2