Along the way, she’ll be aided by her friends and guardians, Blister the giant octopus and Bunniguru the mystical, kung-fu rabbit. In fact, a second player can join in as Bunniguru in offline co-op, helping Scarygirl fight enemies and get to new heights in this action-platformer. Even without Bunniguru, Scarygirl won’t be helpless, since she can purchase new combat moves , such as the anaconda squeeze or the bam-bam, from traveling vendors during her adventures. She’ll also enter “Spirit Mode”, a twisted, shadowy version of the world that gives Scarygirl alternate attacks, allowing her to unleash her truly wicked side.
- Surreal Art by Nathan Jurevicius:, Scarygirl’s surreal landscape and creatures are eerily fantastical, created by a critically-acclaimed, award-winning artist
- Scarygirl & Friends: To call them a colorful cast & crew would be an understatement. Each character, friend or foe, is both curiously wonderful and disturbingly strange at the same time
- Co-Op: While one player controls Scarygirl, a second can bring Bunniguru’s furious “fists of blurry” into the fray at any time. This offline co-operative feature allows the two characters to team up in combo attacks and helpful moves, like Bunniguru transforming into a floating “hook” for Scarygirl to swing from using her tentacle. Each character plays as differently as they look
- New Moves & Upgrades: As she meets traveling vendors, Scarygirl can grow beyond her standard “whip” attack using her tentacle by purchasing new moves, like an uppercut, the “anaconda squeeze,” the “bam bam,” and more. If she’s feeling a little faint, she can buy extra hearts to increase her overall health
- Spirit Mode: At times, Scarygirl will enter a twisted, shadowy version of the world that gives her alternate attacks, allowing her to unleash her truly wicked side
“The Scarygirl graphic novel has a fanbase full of mature gamers who appreciate artistically-imaginative games” said Alex Tikhman, Co-Founder and VP of Publishing & Business Development for TikGames. “And thanks to our work with Nathan and his uniquely surreal art, our downloadable game is going to be one of the most visually appealing downloadable games out there, not to mention a whole lot of fun to play.”
Also based on the Scarygirl license, Dr Maybee and the Adventures of Scarygirl, is being developed for handheld downloadable gaming platforms. A wholly different experience from the console downloadable game, this game is a marvellous journey through the Scarygirl universe, as she attempts to discover the identity of the mysterious, bearded man haunting her dreams. With help from her friends, she will journey from her treehouse home to an overwhelmingly unfriendly city in her quest.
- Surreal Art by Nathan Jurevicius: Scarygirl’s fantastic landscape and creatures are both beautiful and bizarre to behold
- Scarygirl & Friends: Calling them a ‘colorful’ cast of characters would be an understatement. Scarygirl, the part-octopus girl who dresses like a pirate, has a tentacle for her right hand and has naught but a bone for her left, is the star here, though each friendly or treacherous creature she meets will certainly be unique
- It’s a Completist’s Paradise: In each level, players can search high and low for hundreds of gems, fish, and other items to collect.
“I’m excited to have Scarygirl become not just one, but two different, video games,” said Nathan Jurevicius, creator of Scarygirl. “She’s a very interesting character in her own unique world that can be enjoyed at or away from home by my current fans, and by people whom I hope will come to love Scarygirl as much as I do.”
Scarygirl has not yet been rated by the ESRB, PEGI, or other ratings organizations. Dr Maybee and the Adventures of Scarygirl has been rated E for Everyone (Mild Cartoon Violence) by the ESRB. Dr Maybee and the Adventures of Scarygirl is based on the online flash game which was produced by Passion Pictures Australia and developed with the assistance of the Film Victoria Digital Media Fund.
More articles about Scarygirl