Arma 2 update 1.10 highlights:
- Added: Support for Arma 2: Free
- Improved: Stronger signature checking.
- Commandline option -donothing (engine closes immediately after detecting this option)
Operation Arrowhead promises to deliver yet more of the highly authentic military simulation gameplay the series is famed for, while shifting the action to an all-new environment and adding key new features to Arma 2’s already vast palette.
Set in the fictional region of Takistan and taking place three years after the Arma 2’s campaign, Arma 2: Operation Arrowhead features three new world maps with radical new terrain; sandy deserts, a dense city with surrounding countryside and a rocky mountainous region. Also included in the standalone expansion pack is support for controlling unmanned aerial vehicles (UAVs) to observe, strike and rescue from afar, along with a fully-modelled FLIR thermal imaging simulation with unprecedented realism to give the player advantages while working at night, going as far as to model vehicle engine heat, tyre friction and even glowing weapon barrels after being fired. A new campaign is included, with Bohemia Interactive taking the experience gained from its previous games, combined with real world events and political intrigue, to create a storyline that serves as a chilling reminder to the geo-political situation the world finds itself in on a constant basis. Other new features include a detachable backpack system for carrying more weapons and ammunition, and an overhauled optics system allowing keen marksmen to ‘zero in’ their scopes to account for ballistic fall-off.
- New story campaign for both single and multi-player gameplay. Wide range of new tutorials, single scenarios and multiplayer modes.
- Three brand new Central Asia-style large maps including expansive urban, desert and mountainous terrain, featuring a fully destructible and interactive environment.
- Multiple factions for all sides including US Army, United Nations, Takistani Army and Guerrillas making a collection of 300+ new units, weapons and vehicles.
- Fully integrates with the original ARMA 2 for unmatched warfare simulation.
- Detachable backpacks with equipment, advanced weapon optics, material penetration modeling, remote real-time simulation of Unmanned Arial Vehicles (UAV), freedom of decision and repercussive actions.
More articles about ArmA II