BoulderDash’stricky puzzle and dexterity-based gameplay made its debut in the early 80s and continues to entertain its enormous fan base and new players. The game is recognized as one of the best-loved retro games in the history of computer and video gaming. Now Boulder Dash-XL brings this classic back with a hot new look that will take the Xbox Live Arcade and PC platforms by storm. The game’s core remains unchanged: in a race against time players must collect sparkling diamonds while besting hordes of enemies, avoiding numerous traps, and keeping an eye out for falling boulders!
As well as ‘Arcade’, ‘Retro’ and ‘Zen’ modes Boulder Dash-XL will feature two all new game modes both with a fresh take on the classic Boulder Dash® formula: Puzzle Mode offers a quirky, cerebral challenge and Score Attack requires quick reflexes to skyrocket players’ high scores. Boulder Dash-XL also introduces a number of exciting new gameplay elements, such as a telescopic arm, speed-ups, heavy boulders and teleporters as well as several new enemies, all featuring unique behaviour, to create an array of diversified and challenging gameplay scenarios. If that’s not enough to whet your appetite then how about the ability to pan/scroll the playfield while paused, a 3D gaming environment, particle effects, dynamic lighting and over 7 times the amount of caves as the 1984 original release! Players can also choose their hero and play as either Rockford or his female counterpart, Crystal.
Features of Boulder Dash-XL include:
- An updated HD look and feel, featuring 720p graphics
- 4 new game modes (“Arcade”, plus all new “Puzzle”, “Zen” and “Time Challenge”)
- A Retro Mode offering 25 “retro” Caves for a total of five game modes in all
- New scoring mechanism adding new excitement and challenges for High Score hunters
- Four beautiful and varied game worlds
- Over 150 all-new Caves to explore while battling monsters and grabbing gems
- Online Ranking Lists/ Leaderboards
- Achievements support
More articles about Boulder Dash-XL