Designed by Creative Director Stuart Black (co-creator and designer of Black, 2006), Bodycount is being created by an all-star development team using the EGO Game Technology Platform, an evolution of Codemasters’ engine, and is set to rip apart the First Person Shooter and deliver genre-defining gun play that comes alive in an orgy of bullets and destruction.
Bodycount puts the fun back into the gun with a focus on delivering outrageous and stylish gunfights. Gamers battle class-based enemies who work together to chase the player down as they hunt the mysterious “Target,” a relentlessly evil enemy who manipulate world events under the cover of civil warzones. From the chaotic battlefields of Africa to the dangerous city streets of Asia and monolithic Target bases which the player must infiltrate, Bodycount’s gameplay comes alive as players shred their way through destructible cover and carve a unique wave of destruction through each level.
Equipped with a mouth-watering arsenal of weapons, grenades, mines and airstrikes, players rip through cover and enemies as they leave no man standing. By performing skill kills, chaining kills and collecting intel dropped by downed enemies, players can unlock a series of upgrades and abilities, including an adrenaline shot, explosive bullets and radar. Every bullet and every body counts, with replayability extended by the scoring of a player’s skill in each level which can be compared against online leaderboards in the game’s Bodycount Mode.
Bodycount’s high-octane campaign is complimented by online co-operative and competitive modes where destructible killzones create new options for defence and attack.
- The gun, reloaded The core BODYCOUNT experience is all about the bullet and its impact on the game world. Whether it’s the bone-jarring devastation caused by firing into an enemy or shredding scenery with a hail of bullets, the game perfectly crystallises the moment of pulling the trigger of contemporary weapons into a sensory overload of power, violence and exhilaration. Players will immerse themselves in a cinematic orgy of shooting and wanton destruction that sets new standards for the genre as BODYCOUNT blasts outrageous fire-fights and indulgent, spectacular action from both barrels.
- Rip it up! Amplifying the core gunplay experience, BODYCOUNT’s environment shredding technology lets players stamp their own unique footprint of destruction on the world, with unparalleled density and detail of shreddable elements. The dynamically changing environment is a means of defence and attack, creating tactical options for players; rip through cover to get at the enemy or shoot through the environment to create unique escape routes.
- Every bullet counts, every body counts Players put together combat chains, skill kills and gather Intel from dead enemies to earn and unlock abilities to wreak havoc on the battlefield. Devastating air strikes, powerful ammo upgrades and adrenalin shots all help gamers rack up their bodycount in both campaign and in multiplayer modes. Extending replayability, players can climb leaderboards and compare their bodycount with their friends for each level on every game mode.
- Intense Arcade Firefights Combining best-in-class gun play, chain and skill kills and a class based enemy AI who will work together to hunt down the player, Bodycount’s core gameplay comes alive in exhilarating and intense firefights. Gamers complete multiple objectives amid the chaos of civil warzones with the choice to decide how and when to attack; light-up anyone and everyone who stands between the player and their target or use stealth to conceal movement across raging battlefields. A mouth-watering selection of powerful weapons, upgrades and open levels give players the freedom to carve their own trail of destruction through each stage.
- Hunt The Target Ensnared by ‘The Network’, players become a powerful combat asset green-lighted to eliminate targets with extreme prejudice. Players are drawn into the mysterious labyrinth of a covert conflict where operatives are encouraged to leave no witnesses as they pursue a relentlessly evil enemy – The Target. This malevolent organisation secretly manipulates world events from futuristic bases hidden in global hotspots – primed for shredding! The Target forces are formidable foes - highly mobile, protected with advanced armour and armed with state of the art weaponry. Ruthless and disciplined in their determination to achieve their goals, players must stop at nothing to obliterate them.
- Multiplayer Gun Fun BODYCOUNT’S shredding, intel and combat chain features combine to deliver unique co-op and competitive multiplayer experiences. Death Match and Team Death Match maps become dynamically changing killing grounds which uniquely evolve over the course of each game as players shred through cover to eliminate enemies, create line of sight or peek holes and blast escape routes. Intel can be used to upgrade and unlock abilities or left as bait to draw out opponents. In co-op players combine to repel increasingly difficult waves of Target operatives on maps where players must get creative to survive.
- It’s an EGOlution BODYCOUNT is being developed on the EGO Game Technology platform, evolved from the award winning EGO engine. Enabling Codemasters development talent to share tools and technology across Studios and Central Technology teams, the EGO Game Technology Platform empowers Codemasters game designers to realise their creative visions across multiple platforms featuring cutting edge graphics, powerful AI, advanced physics systems and integrated network play.
More articles about Bodycount