With no barriers to entry, Battlefield Heroes is EA’s most recent title under the web-based free to download, free to play business model which generates revenue through advertising and in-game item sales.
Battlefield Heroes is easy to pick up and delivers all of the award-winning signature Battlefield sandbox multiplayer gameplay. The game features robust character customization and a deep ability and mission system where gamers can spend hours building up their characters. Now anyone can be a hero on the battlefield.
Players can now quickly download and easily launch the game from the official website. Before going into battle across four intense maps, gamers can create a number of personalized characters. Battlefield Heroes features a non-traditional third-person camera view so players can admire their one-of-a-kind hero while taking out the enemy. Character customisation items are available for Valor Points (points earned by playing the game) or with Battlefunds (a fictional currency bought with a credit card, PayPal or other methods such as SMS) so players can update or change their hero’s style at any time.
Battlefield Heroes is offered completely for free (requires internet connection) and with its fun cartoon-style graphics, the game caters to players of all skill levels. It also features a built-in matchmaking system to ensure that each gamer in the 16-player matches are of equal skill and paired together for fair play.
To celebrate the game's second anniversary and the surpassing of 8 million players worldwide, EA has something special in store for all Battlefield Heroes players. Wake Island,one ofthe Battlefield franchise’s most popular maps is coming to Battlefield Heroes later this month. And that’s not all! Players can log in between June 30, 2011, 11PM, GMT and July 8, 2011, 8.00, GMT to receive two free Party Packs*: one Royal and one National. Each Party Pack will include 77 Battlefunds, 25 Festive Flares, a permanent exclusive Party Hat, and a 7 day rental to play in a Birthday Suit! To claim their free Party Packs, players can log in on the official website, then look in the “My Stuff” menu and select “Rewards”.
Key Features :
- Friends: Add your friends so you can always see when they’re on-line. From your friends list, you’ll be one click away from directly joining them.
- Leaderboards: They’re back! See how you stack up with thousands of other players and fight your way to the top. There’s a whole range of different stats you can look up and compare.
- Groups: Create and join your very own Group, complete with avatar and group banner! Each group also has its very own, unique leaderboard, so you can compete with just your friends.
- Player and Hero search: Find (or stalk) your frenemies with our new search features. Find out what Missions someone is currently on, what Abilities they’re using and loads more.
- Permanent items: ALL appearance items and emotes that can be bought with Battlefunds are now available permanently! Don’t want to “rent” an item? You don’t have to anymore.
- Code redemption: Be on the lookout for special, promotional codes which you can redeem on the Heroes site for Battlefunds or very cool, exclusive items.
- Improved Store: Now easier to use: the BFH Store will show every item once, and by hovering over or clicking on it you’ll be able to see all the different price options, as well as durations that are available for that item.
- Punk, Busted!: Yes, PunkBuster is here! Cheaters and hackers beware!
- Reporting players: Find a misbehaving player by Hero(in-game) name or by their player(web display) name and report them!
More articles about Battlefield Heroes