Piloting a wide range of aircraft, players engage in aerial dogfights and dangerous fighter missions across the major theaters of war during WWII. New to the genre, Combat Wings introduces leading-edge multiplayer features allowing players to challenge each other in different multiplayer modes including Deathmatch, Team Deathmatch, Racing, Team Racing, Bomb-Target Hunting, Mission Survival, and Fleet Escorting.
Combat Wings: The Great Battles of WWII delivers an action-packed aerial combat experience on the Nintendo Wii. Players assume the role of one of four pilots taking on the Axis alliance during four different air campaigns, including the intense Battle of Britain, the war in Africa, the Eastern Front and the Pacific island-hopping campaign.
With more than 20 types of aircraft from both sides of the conflict -- from the fabled P-38 Lightning and Britain’s Spitfire to the feared Messerschmitt 109 and Japanese Kate -- players take on the same missions as WWII pilots, ranging from bombing runs and dog fights to manning defensive positions such as a gunner on a bomber or anti-aircraft site.
- Pick-up-and-playability. Explosive arcade action alongside advanced physics and painstaking recreation of actual events and aircraft creates an experience that’s easily accessible but hard to master;
- All aircraft are based on authentic models and all combat missions are representative of actual WWII engagements;
- Accessible behind-the-aircraft view means the gameis not a sterile simulation, but an advanced air combat arcade shooter;
- Fun, dynamic battles offer a wide variety of action and most importantly targets to destroy – any given battle will combine dogfighting, escort missions and ground assault;
- Multiplayer aerial deathmatch provides players the chance to test their mettle against human opponents;
- Single-player game modes include Free Flight where players can choose a plane and roam over faithfully created environments, and Dogfight where players can pit their wits against up to nine AI-controlled opponents.
- Combat Wings: The Great Battles of WWII weaves a compelling narrative into action taken from the pages of history, pitting pilots against massive odds in some of the most iconic battles of the age.
- Each of the four campaigns introduces multiple characters – both on your side and the enemy’s – creating the ties that help you fight for your comrades, and the added incentive to hunt down your foes.
- Battle Of Britain: Fresh from training, you have arrived at an airfield on the coast of England in time for the epic showdown with the Luftwaffe during the Battle Of Britain. Together with your wingmen, you will rise through the ranks by defeating relentless German bomber raids and terrifying V-1 flying rockets.
- North Africa: Playing as a veteran, you and you two wingmen will fight above the desert of North Africa, supporting the British Eighth Army in its conflict with the Afrika Korps. The trio will encounter fierce dogfights over besieged Tobruk, sink German convoys on the Mediterranean Sea, and support Montgomery’s armored offensive at El Alamein.
- The Eastern Front: As a young Soviet pilot you will help halt the Nazi invasion of your homeland during the desperate defense of Mother Russia. As you prove your skills in the cockpit, you will experience the turning of the tide and soon will be taking part in the final push to Berlin.
- The Pacific: Arriving at Midway Atoll immediately before the Japanese attack, you will be thrust straight into the action as you attempt to fend off the might of the Imperial Japanese Navy and its fearsome carrier air wing. With your wingmen, you’ll fight savage dogfights and take part in devastating assaults on the fleet.
- Combat Wings fully supports PS Move for PlayStation 3 and allows for fluid, intuitive motion control to place the player right into the heart of the action.
More articles about Dogfight 1942