War Inc. Battle Zone delivers hard hitting combat action to you in a free to play, online multiplayer, session-based shooter game, where you will compete with your friends and other players in real time, action packed team vs. team ground combat. All for Free! You can take it slow and easy, or rock as hard as you want to!
Online Warmongers Group Inc. announced that its free-to-play online game “War Inc. Battlezone” has entered open beta testing. Additionally, the company revealed that the game is now available via leading digital distribution platforms Steam and Xfire. The moves give PC gamers worldwide the chance to play one of the most realistic, visually stunning free shooting games on the market. “War Inc. Battlezone” is notably among the first free-to-play (F2P) games available through Steam, the world’s largest online game platform with an active user base of over 30 million. Steam added the F2P category to its service last month with a select list of titles.
“We have spent three months in closed beta polishing what we took years to painstakingly develop, a tactical clan-based shooter visually rooted in realism and focused on competition and community driven game play,” said Sergey Titov, CEO of Online Warmongers. “As we move into open beta, we want to get the word out to multiplayer shooter fans everywhere that the time has come to change their game.”
During the course of pre-beta and closed beta testing, Online Warmongers saw more than 100,000 players from 23 countries join the “War Inc. Battlezone” community. The participation of core and casual shooter fans alongside competitive players helped developers iterate on countless improvements to features, mechanics and balancing. It also helped them establish a skill-based game play environment that isn’t prone to cheating or falling prey to the pay-to-win mentality that weighs down other F2P games. Online Warmongers will continue the effort through even more community empowerment during open beta, addressing issues raised by players and actively engaging them in driving content updates and policing the game for fair play.
“The experience Online Warmongers is offering can raise expectations and broaden interest in free-to-play games,” said Steve Fowler, GM of [a]list games. “They exemplify what’s going on in digital games, where the market is now seeing exceptional products that deserve ever bigger audiences, and upstart indie developers who need to have their voices heard in the gaming community.”
“War Inc. Battlezone” delivers a premium online game experience in a F2P package, as an addictive 3rd-person shooter punctuated by high production value and a rich, frequently updated set of game features. In the game, players join the ranks of battle-hardened mercenaries, entering a war theatre where up to 64 players can engage in relentless action and intense competition in diverse maps and multiplayer game modes. “War Inc. Battlezone” also features one of the deepest customization systems ever designed for an online shooter, where players get free and immediate access to create persistent characters with a variety of traits then load them out with a wide arsenal of gear and weaponry. Online Warmongers developed the game using the Eclipse Game Engine, a proprietary engine created by its affiliate Arktos Entertainment Group to deliver F2P games that rival the experience players get on HD consoles.
War Inc. Battle Zone is set in a world where Mercenary and Paramilitary Commando Units rule the day. Some had said that 2012 wasn't the end of the world, but it damn near might as well have been. The global economic chaos that started in 2008 had run rampant for almost 4 years. National fortunes were squandered and lost. International trade turned into international hostility and deprivation. A number of Nations disintegrated into anarchy and civil war as all out conflict broke out between various Nations. International corporate powers emerged with in different countries, demanding controls and powers from spineless government officials and a bad situation simply got worse. Death, Famine, Pestilence, and War spread as if the 4 Horsemen of the Apocalypse had actually been released from the Gates of Hell.
Onto this stage of conflict and chaos there emerged a growing need for Mercenary Units and Paramilitary Command Units who could execute orders and carry out fast assignments for governments and corporations, allowing the employers plausible deniability as well as the ability to say that they were in no way involved with certain “Black Operations” and “Pirate Like Undertakings”. The new age of the Mercenary had dawned and with it, ruthless Men and Women took on combat and bloody warfare for assets, money, and power. Units and Unions were formed and broken as Clan like structures and Shadow Organizations emerged to be major players in the events that played out on the Global Stage. In War Inc. Battle Zone you are a member of one of these Units. Can you survive? Can you win? Can you take your game to the top?
Tired of combat in just corridors and mazes? Then War Inc. Battle Zone is what you need! There will be several maps available to all players for free at the launch of the game. Sizes will range from a smaller 8 player maps that will keep you close and in contact with your enemy up to huge open world maps for up to 64 players in one game. The map spawn points will be scaled according to the maximum number of players selected for a given game, making sure that you'll always be close to action.
War Inc. Battle Zone will have 3 game modes available at launch. These modes are: Conquest, Siege, & Team Deathmatch.
- Conquest mode puts the player into a team vs. team combat for control of all Strategic points on the level.. When a player is killed they re-spawn at their original spawn point and must move to rejoin their team in the combat zone. Multiple areas on the map need to be conquered and held for a period of time by each team. Once a team has held all areas at least once and have a majority of areas under their control they win the game. This game has no set time limit.
- Siege mode has one team of players defending a specific number of objectives while the other team of players attempts to capture the objectives. The game is played on a set time scale. If the defender team can maintain control of the majority of objectives at the end of the game play time then their team wins. If the attacker team can gain control of all objectives at one time then they win. Re-spawns will place the players at the main control points at the games beginning.
- Team Deathmatch mode pits players against each other in 2 Teams as they attempt to be the top killers on the field in a set period of time. Each time a player is killed they re-spawn at random locations near their team mates and set out to hunt the other team’s players. The players fight to gain the highest amount of kills in a given time frame.
So how would you like to build a MMO like persistent character that can be augmented, customized, and upgraded with new features? In War Inc. Battle Zone, you can choose a character class; upgrade your “Hero Character” with special skills, powerful weapons, useful tactical gear, and even customized looks. Want more characters to play? Then build them! In War Inc. Battle Zone, you customize your character and fine tune their equipment to play a specific way or fill the need of a specific role. You can even switch to different a different character slot & load out at any time during a game. Players can change the following elements of their characters:
- Fully Customizable Appearance – Everything from your race to body type, gear, and armor, camo and boots will be customizable.
- Fully Customizable Weapons – Weapons are the name of the game in this business. A large number of weapons will be available for you to choose from. Assault Rifles, SMG’s, Light Machine Guns, Sniper Rifles, & Shotguns make up the list of Primary Weapons. Pistols and Explosive Firing weapons make up the list of Secondary weapons. Melee weapons, Grenades, Booby Traps, and Mines round out the pack of personal weapons. All Primary and Secondary weapons will have unlockable as will special attachments and upgrades for the weapons. Weapons can be swapped and modified in game and in real time as you play.
- Skill Trees – Choose from a number of skills to develop your personal combo such as Sniper / Medic or an Assault / Engineer. There will be multiple skills to choose from, and each will offer its own unique advantages to you.
- Abilities/Perks – Players will be able to gain new temporary abilities for their character in game from found gear boxes such as temporary speed boosts and mine detection capabilities. Players can also unlock and choose from a range of perks to augment their character performance such as an increase in un-aimed weapon accuracy or bullet penetration depth. Each player can select up to 3 perks for a characters slot.
- Load Out Slots – Players will be able to create up to 6 separate load out slots which can be prearranged with specific primary, secondary, and melee weapons and associated attachments. This will allow for fast adjustments to changing conditions during game play.
War Inc. Battle Zone is being built with extensive community features including a ranking system, personal achievements, and leaderboards. You will be able to check your ranking and achievement accomplishments against your friend and the War Inc. Battle Zone community as a well.
Ranking is accumulated by earning game points from your in game actions. Completed games will earn you a number of point and games won will bring in a few extra points.
Achievements will be unlocked by completing the required actions to secure the specific achievement. An example is: Killing 10 enemy in a game with a sniper rifle will earn you the “Dead Eye” achievement.
Leaderboards will show not only your standings and your friends standings but those of the top players and of individual PMC’s as well. The harder your try, the better you’ll do!
War Inc. Battle Zone comes with several pre made PMC's. You can join one of them at any time. You will find that the PMC’s offer different enlistment bonus such as: game points or unlockables.
You can also create your own PMC. To do so, you will need to be certain Rank and spend a certain amount of Game Points. The higher your rank is, the less Game Points you will need to use.
Once your PMC has been created, you can upload your PMC logo for approval. You will get a new menu option in the Community menu that will allow you to change your PMC's parameters, logo, join qualifications, link to your PMC's web page, and the ability to send news or announcements to all PMC members.
To join a private PMC you need meet the qualifications and parameters set by the PMC's owner. Such qualifications could include achieving a certain rank or having earned specific achievements.
War Inc. Battle Zone is being built on top of great socialization and networking features and will off players numerous ways to interact with friends and other players through PMC’s, Chat, Bragging Page, FaceBook, Twitter, etc. So get your friend to join you in the game and have a great time!
More articles about War Inc.