Begin the journey with your own Greek civilization, and watch as it progresses from a village to an empire. Embark on quests along the way, alone or with friends, and immerse yourself in epic tales, quirky characters, adventure, history and strategy. Together with the Games for Windows – LIVE service, “Age of Empires Online” delivers a rich, social experience that lets you play however you want — anywhere, anytime.
Marrying fresh features with iconic gameplay, “Age of Empires Online” offers something for long-time fans, newcomers and everyone in between.
In addition to the Greek and Egyptian civilizations, the Defense of Crete Booster Pack, and a collection of cool Empire Extras, the game will also be adding new premium content monthly to further expand your gameplay options in a persistent and evolving world. Today, we’re excited to give you a sneak peek at two new civilizations and a Booster Pack coming by the end of 2011!
Invaders from the Northern Tribes are here! Take on the Celts, masters of metalworking and crafting, as you explore new lands and new challenges in “Age of Empires Online.” Explore the snowy northern realms as you learn their new units, such as the frenzied Woad Raiders, the dangerous Druids, and the powerful Celtic Swordsmen. Earn new gear and great rewards with the Celts!
Travel east as you command the Persians, one of the most powerful empires in ancient times! At their height, the Persians controlled much of the known world and influenced culture around the globe. Take control of unique units such as the Immortals, mounted Persian Archers, and special attack elephants. Uncover new unit gear and Advisor cards. Single player and PvP battles await you!
With the Skirmish Hall Booster, YOU control the battlefield. Customize your starting Age, starting forces, beginning resources, difficulty levels, and even the number of enemies you face. Take on one, two, or three enemies at once! Set the teams and choose the maps! With this level of customization, “Age of Empires Online” players can create nearly endless hours of gameplay while varying the battlefield scenarios. In the Skirmish Hall, a rich and robust experience awaits you!
- Familiar “Age” elements. “Age of Empires Online” stays true to its roots with traditional RTS gameplay, a deep player-versus-player mode and detailed historical settings. From the creation of your capital city to resource management and competitive matches, “Age of Empires” fans will feel right at home.
- A living online civilization. Using your online capital city as home base, embark on quests alone or with a friend, earn rewards, and evolve your civilization from village to empire. Your empire continues to grow and accrue resources even when you aren’t online.
- A new look and feel. “Age of Empires Online” brings a new, stylized art scheme and an unprecedented level of detail to PC gameplay, approachable and fun, “Age of Empires Online” lets you progress at your own pace and invites players at any experience level to login and discover the world of RTS gaming.
- Free-to-play. Download “Age of Empires Online” free from almost anywhere and enjoy hours of gameplay with the starter Greek and Egyptian civilizations. Build your online capital city, embark on quests, level up, and explore the world of “Age of Empires Online” without paying a cent!
- Deep selection of premium content. As your empire grows, so too does “Age of Empires Online,” with frequently released new content designed to keep the experience fresh. From new quests and regions to entirely new civilizations, “Age of Empires Online” is always evolving so you can choose the content that’s right for you and your budget.
- Better with Games for Windows — LIVE. “Age of Empires Online” was built with Games for Windows — LIVE at its core, delivering a truly connected experience that includes achievements, a common gamertag, gamerscore and a unified friends list. With free competitive and cooperative gameplay, including co-op quests and trading, “Age of Empires Online” integrates with Games for Windows — LIVE to make your friends and friendly rivals a seamless part of the experience.
More articles about Age of Empires Online