In this action-packed WWII shooter, players will choose a historically accurate tank and then customize it by adding additional armor, different styles of camouflage, body art, kill marks, and clan insignias. Featuring realistic WWII battlefields and historically accurate specifications like realistic recoil action and tank tactics, Tank Ace is all about winning battlefield strategies.
Tank Ace is packed with engaging battles and accurate specifications like realistic recoil action and tank tactics. Players will create their own clans and devise winning strategies as they utilize terrain features, coordinate assaults by using historically accurate tactics and more! Just some of the other gripping features include World War II Factions including Russia, Germany and the U.S.A, easy to pick-up controls and an Area Specific Damage System. In the game, players will lay an ambush, outflank the enemy divisions and charge across the battlefield in the mightiest war machine ever created!
Players can gather up their friends and create their own clan to plan a winning strategy. Cowboys that charge headlong into the fray will be in for a rude awakening if they get picked off by an enemy that they didn't even see. Using terrain features like hills and trees to wait in ambush, players can coordinate an assault with advanced pincer, flanking, and other historically accurate tactics.
Starting today, players can go to the official Tank Ace website to register and participate in the closed beta test (July 26th to July 31st, 11AM-6PM, PST).
Chocked full of new content for the second closed beta test, Tank Ace will feature a new challenge mode, new quests and updated bases. Completely overhauled with all-new graphics and textures, the game will also feature a new windowed mode. To celebrate, Tank Ace will kick off a variety of events:
- Race to Log In - The first player to log in will receive 1,000 Campus Credits
- Log In Event - 10 random players who are logged in for at least 10 minutes will receive 1,000 Campus Credits
- GM Events - Players can participate in random in-game events with GM for prizes
- Facebook Events -- Visit Tank Ace's Facebook page for quizzes and contests for a chance at prizes
- Forum Events - Visit the forums for a variety of quizzes, screen shot contests and more
"We had such a great interest in our first closed beta and I'm sure those fans, and new ones, will want to check out all of the new features in the second test," said Uyen Uyen Ton Nu, Head of Marketing at GamesCampus.com. "We have taken our time to improve the game greatly and the fans are going to enjoy all of the upgrades and the fantastic variety of events."
- Realistic tanks with historically accurate stats: Customize tanks by adding additional armor, different styles of camouflage, body art, kill marks, and clan insignias.
- World War II Factions: Players can choose to join one of three different sides from World War II: Russia, Germany, and USA. Each faction gains access to a unique stable of historic tanks, uniforms, and in-game items.
- Ease of control: Using WASD controls, players will immediately be able to control their tanks. The mouse is used to rotate the turret, aim, and fire. Users can also select various views on the fly, such as the Commander View, Gunner View, Driver View, and Scout View. Each view has its own benefits and drawbacks. Choose the best one for the situation you find yourself in.
- It's pure tactics! : Gather up your friends and create your best strategy. Call in Air Support to scout out an enemy stronghold and take them out. Use Field Artillery to soften up the opposition. Tired of that barn hiding the enemy approach? Blast it away!
- Area Specific Damage System: Tanks in Tank Ace have 10 hit areas, each with a different defense rating. Focus on attacking areas with lower defense ratings, or conceal those areas for defensive stances. Just as in real life, the front of the tank is the most highly armored area and the rear is vulnerable. If you really want to stick it to the enemy, send a shell right up their tail pipe
More articles about Tank Ace