At the end of the 21st century, the continuing exhaustion of Earth's resources sparked a furious struggle for dominance, ultimately leading to all-out conflict. Billions perished as the Final Wars raged across the globe.
As nations crumbled and civil society was in its death throes, one of the super-nations that actually started the conflict devised a plan to win the war by simply outliving its rivals. This resulted in the creation of The Continoma Project – a massive, self-sufficient mind database capable of storing the memories and thoughts of humans. The leaders of the super-nation that created Continoma ensured their entry within the database and brought with them the seeds of what they believed was a thriving community of docile and loyal citizens.
Humanity outside Continoma Project all but destroyed itself – the great societies that once warred amongst themselves were reduced to nomadic tribes and eventually regressed to primal existence or simply died out, long before the irradiated and polluted world became habitable again. While life on Earth was going through its most dramatic extinction and adaptation, the Librarium – a nearly-indestructible fortress tended by artificial intelligence and robots – kept the dormant sentience of humanity’s chosen safe for the future.
Players find themselves immersed is a continuing power struggle between the leaders behind the Continoma Project, called the Continoma, and the Noir, an armed resistance group formed by a former Continoma leader. Their continuous struggle has weakened them considerably and even as they remain the two most powerful forces on Enterra, they depend much on the other smaller organizations for their survival and victory on the island.
The company decided to lower the price of game client by 60% starting 5th Aug 2011. It will cost 12 Euro for EU players and $14 for Non-EU players.
The monthly subscription fees will also be reduced. Customers, who subscribe for 6-month period will pay only $8,33 (or 7,66 Euro) per month. The new monthly fees will come into effect 27th Jul 2011
“We decided to lower the game price based on the feedback, which we received from our players. We determined that a big flow of new customers would greatly improve the in-game economics and would also make Earthrise a lot more fun for both new and old members”, commented Atanas Atanasov, producer of Earthrise and director of Masthead Studios.Earthrise is available for digital purchase at www.play-earthrise.com and through select distribution partners, including Direct2Drive. A box version is available exclusively in Europe via Iceberg Interactive.
Featuring a unique skill-based advancement system and player-driven economy, as well as extensive, meaningful player-vs.-player combat, Earthrise gives you innumerable choices to forge your destiny. Whether you're a noble soldier in the raging conflict between the Utopia and the rebellion, a criminal hiding from the law or a world-renowned engineer whose power extends into intricate trade and politics, your actions will echo throughout the game world.
Masthead has employed its own engine to craft the stunning graphics and atmosphere in the game, as well as to handle its dynamic combat mechanics. Explore the diverse and sprawling capital city of Sal Vitas and surrounding unclaimed territories. Fight with advanced PvP mechanics featuring customizable power armor, huge mechanized exoskeletons, and an arsenal of weapons to control contested lands and their resources. Influence the market-based economy by working for the corporate world or trading on the black market, all based in immense and highly customized crafting and offline play systems. Players will shape the society in the beginning of a new mankind; or they will create their own dystopia.
- A unique post-apocalyptic setting where the cloned remnants of mankind battle to survive and rebuild. Yet while humanity may have evolved, human nature remains as treacherous as ever…
- Highly customizable characters with over 100 different skills, abilities, and tactics. No artificial "class" restrictions get in the way of making the character you want.
- Fast-paced action combat featuring dynamic targeting, customizable power armor, huge mechanized exoskeletons, and hundreds of high-tech weapons.
- Sophisticated Player versus Player (PvP) mechanics that let you fight for the established order, join the revolutionary underground, or carve your own bloody path as an independent criminal.
- Territorial conquest and defense that matters. In your domain, you create your own rules – or let anarchy reign.
- Character progression that keeps you advancing in your career even when you’re not logged in.
- An advanced market-based economy with in-game supply and demand based on player activities.
- Deep crafting mechanics that let you design and manufacture unique items from customizable blueprints and raw resources.
More articles about Earthrise