With a roster featuring over 30 hand-drawn fighters, a number of detailed stages bursting with life, over a half dozen play modes, a refined fighting engine built for speed and complete with new moves and supers, a vastly improved Online mode, and a host of other additions, tweaks, and enhancements, King Of Fighters XIII represents a rebirth for one of gaming's longest tenured franchises and one of the most popular fighting brands ever.
Painstaking effort has been made to address every last concern following the last entry: fights play faster; the addition of over a half dozen play modes offers variety and replayability; the game's beautifully rendered and animated character sprites are better distinguished from the backgrounds-which happen to be richer and more detailed; the camera perspective is less restricted; fighters have more moves, including new supers and the all-new NEOMAX supers; and much, much more!
At participating retailers while supplies last, fans who reserve KOF XIII will receive a 4-CD soundtrack compilation with music spanning the 15+ year history of the famed series, certain to be one of the best collectible extras in franchise history. Fans are strongly advised to reserve their copy as soon as possible at participating retailers to guarantee themselves the bonus soundtrack compilation!
Alongside news of the pre-order only 4-CD bonus, ATLUS also today shared new information regarding the console release of KOF XIII, detailing a host of game modes exclusive to the home version.
- In STORY mode, players can view events from multiple characters' perspectives, including Ash, Heidern, and Adelheid. In addition, the story will be influenced by the player's choices and battle results. All of this is presented through a wealth of new visuals and animations that fans cannot afford to miss!
- ONLINE VERSUS mode will feature three different match types, each allowing players to challenge other rivals worldwide: RANKED MATCH, PLAYER MATCH, and FRIEND MATCH/XBOX LIVE PARTY. RANKED MATCH follows strict rules, reflecting players' records in official rankings. Unranked PLAYER MATCH fights allow for custom rules, letting players enjoy more relaxed battles with more freedom to experiment with new strategies. FRIEND MATCH/XBOX LIVE PARTY lets players invite online challengers.
- MISSION mode offers three challenging objectives to help players practice and improve their fighting skills! Beat all the CPU-controlled characters as fast as possible to record the best time in TIME ATTACK. See how many CPU-controlled characters you can defeat before your life gauge is depleted to zero in SURVIVAL. Take on special challenges for each character in TRIAL Mode.
- Series newcomers or fans looking to improve their skills can turn to the TUTORIAL mode, in which tournament organizer Rose Bernstein explains the different basic controls for each character and the importance of each gauge.
- Other modes available in the console version of KOF XIII include ARCADE, VERSUS, PRACTICE, REPLAY, GALLERY, and CUSTOMIZE. More details will be made available regarding these modes at a later date!
More articles about King Of Fighters XIII