The Kinect version tracks full body dance moves as players control their Chipmunk on stage, and plays back their “Alvin-ized” voice as they sing along.
“The Alvin brand has proven to be evergreen with universal awareness and growing appeal,” said Jesse Sutton, CEO Majesco Entertainment. “The extensive customization and combination of dancing and singing to contagious Chipmunk music will deliver a full-featured experience based on the upcoming movie that the whole family can enjoy together.”
“This game will bring fans even closer to the fun and music of Alvin and the Chipmunks by taking full advantage of the Kinect for Xbox 360,” said Gary Rosenfeld, Senior Vice President, New Media for Fox Consumer Products. “It’s going to be the perfect complement to the upcoming film and we know that fans are going to love it.”
The forthcoming Alvin and the Chipmunks movie finds the trio vacationing aboard a luxury cruise liner, turning it into their personal playground, until they become ‘chipwrecked’ on a remote island. The Alvin and the Chipmunks : Chipwrecked video game continues the story with an around-the-world journey that has The Chipmunks visiting six tropical locations inspired by the movie. Hear your voice “Alvin-ized” when you sing along with the game and unleash your “Munk Power” to perform ultra-cool dance moves.
- Sing and dance as any of The Chipmunks and The Chipettes-Alvin, Simon, Theodore, Brittany, Jeanette and Eleanor.
- Perform more than 50 different dance moves to electrify the crowd with your on screen performance.
- Customize your Chipmunk before you hit the stage by choosing from a huge range of styles and accessories.
- Experience the movie in Story Mode with environments inspired by the film.
- Hear your voice “Alvin-ized” during your on-stage performance using the Kinect for Xbox 360.
More articles about Alvin and the Chipmunks: Chipwrecked