Breath of Fire IV continues the epic tale of the dragon people who gave their lives to destroy the evil goddess of the land and bring peace back to their world. In this incarnation, a war has taken place between two continents separated by a nearly impenetrable swampland. The fair Princess Elena travels to comfort the battle-worn people of the land, but after stopping in a small town turns up missing. Nina, the princess’ sister and princess of Windia Kingdom, sets out in search out her lost sister, and on her journey she finds Ryu, who joins up in her quest.
Breath of Fire IV boasts 3000 graphic animations per character in lush 3-D backgrounds, an engrossing musical score and a revolutionary combo/ tactical battle system. In classic RPG style, this sequel presents the player with the continuing quest of good against evil. Laced throughout the engrossing plot are themes of honor, greed, battle, magic, and the preservation of nature.
Everything fans have come to expect from the Breath of Fire series.
- 3000 Frames of Animation for each character set in beautifully landscaped 3D backgrounds
- Tactical Battle System – Players can choose three characters as frontline characters and hold others back. The characters in the back can recover AP (magic points) while resting. The player can exchange characters between frontline and back at the beginning of each turn.
- Revolutionary Combo System – If a player uses a magic or skill successively, the second magic/skill turns into a more powerful attack. With a wide-variety of possible combinations, players are challenged to find the best.
- Dragon Transformation – Allows players to transform their character (Ryu and Fou-Lu) into a dragon. Players can attack using their fierce dragon breath that inflicts deadly damage on an opponent.
- Summon Dragon - Ryu will be able to summon Dragons after he has encountered them.
- Agetec Fishing Controller Compatible – Certain areas in Breath of Fire IV are fishing controller compatible adding to overall entertainment and realism.
- Player Branching – Automatically switches from Ryu and Fou-Lu, as the characters’ storylines intertwine adding more depth to the storyline.
More articles about Breath of Fire IV