Set in the massively multiplayer fantasy world of Mythador which supports its own living economic, trading, development and diplomacy systems, players will be given the opportunity to leave their mark on the land’s already war torn history when Dawn of Fantasy is launched.
Offering a fresh perspective on the fantasy RTS genre, Dawn of Fantasy will deliver a persistent world war experience like none before.Thousands of Players living, building, exploring and fighting together to crush with AI controlled strongholds and empires, in a rich tapestry of story-driven encounters that help to build upon the already weighty single player campaign experience. In a world that continues to trade and evolve even after logging off, Players will also be able to test their armies’ constitution in matched head-to-head, multiplayerencounters on their road to becoming the biggest city-state in Mythador.
Each of the three different races available to players – elves, men and orcs – offer a radically different playing style based on a carefully balanced system of strengths and weaknesses. With an in-game narrative driven by a dramatic historical background, Dawn of Fantasy will combine rich storytelling with compelling gameplay to provide a strategy experience to appeal to MMO and RTS fans alike.
Reverie World Studios and 505 Games are extending an invitation to all MMO-RTS fans to register now for the game’s Open Beta, in which players can build up a mighty stronghold, engage in three quest-based campaigns as Elves, Orcs, or Men, and fight for supremacy in any of the four game modes. Players can begin their adventures in the world of Mythador by signing up here.
Designed with low system requirements in mind, the Dawn of Fantasy engine will nonetheless render armies of thousands of units and hundreds of terrain objects on screen for epic battle encounters. Once the dust settles on the in game campaigns, players can try exploring their creative side by using the powerful map editor to design the fantasy encounters of their dreams.
Key Features :
- Complete dozens of story-driven quests in services of kings, wizards, and fellow adventurers.
- Enhanced by the latest visual technology; yet boasting surprisingly low system requirements, Dawn of Fantasy immerses players in a realistic and vivid 3D world with hundreds of different terrain objects designed to add to the realism and heighten the game experience.
- Lead an army of a thousand in a skirmish with up to seven other players or micromanage your units to sneak into an enemy stronghold in the dead of night. Play with up to seven others in three distinct skirmish modes: Lay Siege, Stronghold Defense, and Build & Defend.
- Wage war with neighboring regions or complete countless hours of quests as you unveil the dark secrets of Mythador while managing a persistent kingdom and economy with thousands of other players.
- Play as three different races - elves, men, and orcs - each of which offers a radically different play style and has been given a deep, compelling mythology, a dramatic historical background, and a spectrum of complex political ambitions that drive the story and gameplay
- Three Game Modes:
- “Lay Siege” mode allows players to practice taking opponent’s castles, while "Defend Castle" is the opposite.
- “Kingdom Wars” mode allows players to experience a single-player campaign.
- “Online Kingdoms” is the main, massively multiplayer, version of the game that follows the plot
- Travel the MMORTS world using a beautifully-designed 3D World Map featuring scale replicas of all the NPC strongholds, quest areas, and the player's homeland.
- Earn mana through quest completion and character development to learn new spells and counter-spells, enabling you to wield the power of the elements.
- Level up your units through battle, learn new spells, and micromanage individual units for mounting, running, corpse looting, and battle with dozens of unique formations.
- User-friendly Siege-oriented gameplay adds a whole new dimension to the battlefield as you ram the enemy gate, scale the walls, and place automated defensive systems, such as: spike traps, stone tippers, boiling oil, and wall-mounted trebuchets.
- Combines the complexity of nearly a dozen gathering and trade possibilities, different for each race, with automated simplicity, allowing players the options to micromanage their economy, or leave it to run itself in times of war.
More articles about Dawn of Fantasy